garden tillers

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's an image of the tiller I use, does 62" at a pass behind a 40HP John Deere tractor.
This spring I have tilled my garden and about 15 others. Just did one this afternoon and I'm doing another tomorrow morning.
One of the best garden tools I have purchased. Enjoy it almost as much as my greenhouse.

6194_rtc6220tiller.jpg

THANX RICH

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yahoo! Problem solved. When you guys talked of drag bars /depth stakes, I got out my manual to look at that, and low and behold, mine had been put on backwards, like a fishhook ripping the ground. No wonder it was a return. Oh well, I wasted a little energy, but saved a hundred bucks due to someone's mechanical dyslexia. So now it's a keeper. - How could anyone not latch onto something that easy to start?With a husband in poor health, I'm left with a barnful of equipment that I can't use because of those blasted cords. I personally think everything should come come with a key. But this Cub starts just as easy. So, thanks, guys, for all the ideas. And I'm drooling over that pull behind, Rich.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
D4Y, is that the Super Bronco model? I am buying one this Saturday and was wondering how you like it? How does it do on unbroken ground? Got enough power? How deep can it till?

Sorry for the twenty questions but its a lot of money to lay down and I have to travel about 70 miles one way to get it, so I want to be able to keep it!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
elf said:
Yahoo! Problem solved. When you guys talked of drag bars /depth stakes, I got out my manual to look at that, and low and behold, mine had been put on backwards, like a fishhook ripping the ground. No wonder it was a return. Oh well, I wasted a little energy, but saved a hundred bucks due to someone's mechanical dyslexia. So now it's a keeper. - How could anyone not latch onto something that easy to start?With a husband in poor health, I'm left with a barnful of equipment that I can't use because of those blasted cords. I personally think everything should come come with a key. But this Cub starts just as easy. So, thanks, guys, for all the ideas. And I'm drooling over that pull behind, Rich.
I should be whipped w/a wet noodle. Mine came same way. They do that for shipping. Local store doesn't fix it, we are told they are ready to go, wrong.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
dickiebird said:
Here's an image of the tiller I use, does 62" at a pass behind a 40HP John Deere tractor.
This spring I have tilled my garden and about 15 others. Just did one this afternoon and I'm doing another tomorrow morning.
One of the best garden tools I have purchased. Enjoy it almost as much as my greenhouse.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6194_rtc6220tiller.jpg

THANX RICH
Rich, you are SOOO lucky to have that tractor. I have MY eye on a small John Deere, 24 HP, 4WD, 3 cylinder Diesel that starts at $11,500.00 There is local place that sells everything John Deere makes, plus they specialize in upkeep/repair and the add-ons. I want to start with a front shovel, mower base and engine heater unit that plugs in like my diesel trucks do in the winter.
I've been window shopping and the total package brings this up to about $18K. When you add the trailer to take it to the shop, I'll need to save up about $20K, BUT, I'll never need to buy another one.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
dickiebird said:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6194_rtc6220tiller.jpg

THANX RICH
Rich, you are SOOO lucky to have that tractor. I have MY eye on a small John Deere, 24 HP, 4WD, 3 cylinder Diesel that starts at $11,500.00 There is local place that sells everything John Deere makes, plus they specialize in upkeep/repair and the add-ons. I want to start with a front shovel, mower base and engine heater unit that plugs in like my diesel trucks do in the winter.
I've been window shopping and the total package brings this up to about $18K. When you add the trailer to take it to the shop, I'll need to save up about $20K, BUT, I'll never need to buy another one.
I didn't buy my JD new, it's about an '80 something and is rated at around 39 HP. It's also a 3Cyl diesel, which I really wasn't looking for. It does a lot of hard work but I don't have a front loader attached to it.
I have another JD, quite a bit larger, 50 or so HP that has a front loader. That one is kinda wore out, it's a gas tractor but smokes like a diesel. It's used mostly for compost spreading and moving a bunch of vintage cars around that I sell parts off of. I need to rebuild the engine but never find a good time I can be without it. The other problem with the larger JD is I don't have a trailer that is built heavy enough to transport this guy.

THANX RICH

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
elf said:
Seedcorn, do you remember if the one you rented was an Earthquake by Ardasam or DR's model that they call the Earthquake ( makes things confusing, doesn't it?)?
I believe I was mistaken - it seems that DR is carrying Earthquake equipment as well as their own products.Eathquake is a division of Ardisam. I've heard mixed reviews about them.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
elf said:
elf said:
Seedcorn, do you remember if the one you rented was an Earthquake by Ardasam or DR's model that they call the Earthquake ( makes things confusing, doesn't it?)?
I believe I was mistaken - it seems that DR is carrying Earthquake equipment as well as their own products.Eathquake is a division of Ardisam. I've heard mixed reviews about them.
For me and my garden, piece of junk.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bought a TroyBilt Super Bronco CRT today...will let you all know how it does! :weee :weee

It seems so tiny compared to my Dad's old Horse TB tiller...hope powerful things come in small packages. :fl

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
CHECK YOUR TILLER TIRES!! :ep I just spent $30 re-sealing one of my tires. I should have checked the pressure before I started using my tiller this spring, AND the tires are tubeless. BEFORE I use it again, I'm going to make sure that the other tire has the right pressure and I'll store it off of the tires.

Latest posts