Garden Update

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Lovely garden and photo's. I cant believe you have so much growing and blooming already, when here we just had snow on the ground last week. The Iris and lilacs are lovely..I can smell them now! Thank's for sharing your pics!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really enjoyed your garden tour, Beavis. Everything looks great! Sven is rockin' that soap-patch and his cool black hat. :lol: So much to comment on, very interesting pictures. I love verbena and the irises! I love beagles too! :D And I think I'm going to follow you up on the tool/mailbox idea. I am always losing my pruners... Your lemon tree looks like it is about to touch the ground. I can't imagine growing lemons. How wonderful!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! That is just beautiful, Beavis! How long did it take you to get everything in place like that? For me it would take several years for sure! Bet you can't wait to start harvesting!!! :thumbsup

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
skeeter9 said:
Wow! That is just beautiful, Beavis! How long did it take you to get everything in place like that? For me it would take several years for sure! Bet you can't wait to start harvesting!!! :thumbsup
Going on 7 + years now. I came across some pictures I took of the place right before we moved in in January of 2004. The first owner lived their for about two years and did absolutely nothing to the property.

So here are some before and after pictures:

P2160419.jpg

after1.jpg

P2140408.jpg

after4.jpg

P2140413.jpg

after2.jpg

after3.jpg

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:th

Wow....I hope I can be as productive as you've been in 7+ years. I'm SERIOUSLY impressed! :bow

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is more then I could have ever dreamed to have done in such a short period! :th AWESOME!

Like you, the previous owners did nothing with the land and everything here has been done within the last 3 years.

To think people could live in a house, with all that land, and not plant 1 living thing?! :hu

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Amazing transformation! When you say nothing, you sure meant nothing...I can't believe it...not so much as a blade of grass to be found. You certainly have the Midas touch when it comes to gardening, Beavis. :D

ETA: It would be neat to work with a blank slate too, I'm sure. So many possibilities. Your garden's progress gives hope to the rest of us. It's hard when you plant a tree to imagine how long it will take to bear and for other plants to fill out. Seven years isn't too long to wait afterall. ;)

To think people could live in a house, with all that land, and not plant 1 living thing?!
I see houses like that, from time to time, and just have to wonder--what kind of person would not plant a single thing??? I have to wonder if I would be able to like such a person... LOL

luvsdirt

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Awesome Beavis! Thanks for sharing. Really, really like the way your gardens look. Keep the photos coming.:tools

Latest posts