Gardening and Animals

wishin4chicken

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I joined! Gardening with animals! what could be more fun. I've looked at the site before but this topic is what I'm really interested in.

Happy to be here! Michele. :throw

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
wishin4chicken said:
I joined! Gardening with animals! what could be more fun. I've looked at the site before but this topic is what I'm really interested in.

The main thing to remember about gardening & animals is DO NOT PLANT YOUR ANIMALS! They will not grow well. lol
Sorry, I couldn't resist! :welcome

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
SoyBean said:
Aw, but I was hoping to plant some tabby cats this year. Maybe they won't do well in my zone. :D
I think Domestic Shorthairs do better in your zone. :)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wishin4chicken said:

:welcome :rainbow-sun

bigdreams

Sprout
Reaction score
I have a real question, have any of you used fenced in chickens to clean up under your fruit trees? My fruit trees have a lot of grass around them, will my chickens trash the tree? It would be great if this works... :) Thanks

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
wishin4chicken, great to have you here!

bigdreams said:
I have a real question, have any of you used fenced in chickens to clean up under your fruit trees? My fruit trees have a lot of grass around them, will my chickens trash the tree? It would be great if this works... :) Thanks
My chickens do a great job cleaning up under our pear and apple trees!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am in fact moving our coop out next to our 'someday' orchard. (We got a couple years until fruit.) I think they would be great to keep things cleaned up and in order around the trees, and the trees are good cover for them from hawks.

Latest posts