Garlic

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did a bit of research about planting in your zone - October to December... Not too helpful! I would view this as an experiment. Plant some now, some later- and see what works for you!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing beats seeing those greens early in the spring!!! Are you going to cover your row with straw? I always do, but I am not sure it is necessary... just a habit on my part! Here's to waiting!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally planted my garlic from storebought organic. It started sprouting a week after! Can't believe it would sprout this fast!

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Great luck on the sprouts Mary! My garlic started sprouting recently too, its probably a couple weeks past when I planted, but the cats were using it as a litter box so I'm lucky the sprouted all I guess! :p

Darn CATS! :he

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Nothing beats seeing those greens early in the spring!!! Are you going to cover your row with straw? I always do, but I am not sure it is necessary... just a habit on my part! Here's to waiting!
yup, I have a straw bale for that purpose. I plan to do that today. I like to put my straw through my shredder first - I know it's not necessary, but it just looks so much neater. :)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
finally got my garlic in...had to wait for the snow to melt off my raised bed...I have chicken bedding[wood shavings] on top about 1/2 deep will I need to mulch

Latest posts