Getting a new Plant

Celtic_Rumor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was planning on getting a new plant to restart my gardening experience. I left my two plants up north during a move and haven't gotten to get new ones since. I want to get a blue hydrangea plant. I was looking for any tips or advice for getting this plant. I don't have much experience, and when I did have one. It rarely bloomed, always stayed in the leafy green stage. I don't want to go cheap and buy from like Lowes or Walmart. So, my plans are going to a nursery nearby the house.
What things should I look for when getting this plant? I don't know diseases or infestations by eye so any advice would be helpful there too. My plan is to get a younger version, if possible, maybe a couple months old, not like a seedling. Any specifics about the quirks of this flower would also be nice.

- Thanks again, CR :caf

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I recently came across this information and it could simplify your care for the hydrangea about this time in 2025.

I don't know about special things to look for in a purchase. They have never given me much trouble other than failing at times to flower well.

Location is important. I have had them in 3 places in the front yard. Perhaps I should move the one that has little more than moss for neighbors. It has sun only early and late in the day. It's a nice looking plant, with blooms or not but it doesn't ever have many blooms.

Another plant, I HAD to move. Full sun all day - it could barely survive. The best location for several hydrangeas is on the east side of the house with morning sun and afternoon shade. They do just fine.

Steve

Celtic_Rumor

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I recently came across this information and it could simplify your care for the hydrangea about this time in 2025.

I don't know about special things to look for in a purchase. They have never given me much trouble other than failing at times to flower well.

Location is important. I have had them in 3 places in the front yard. Perhaps I should move the one that has little more than moss for neighbors. It has sun only early and late in the day. It's a nice looking plant, with blooms or not but it doesn't ever have many blooms.

Another plant, I HAD to move. Full sun all day - it could barely survive. The best location for several hydrangeas is on the east side of the house with morning sun and afternoon shade. They do just fine.

Steve
Ok cool, think I'll go for keeping it inside. My gran said summers can be brutal. So, it might die if I try planting it outside in their garden. Thanks for the advice, Steve.

Latest posts