Getting "re-aquainted".

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry it's been so long since either of us have been online lately. Some things have been going on around here and it's been a busy summer for both of us.
Our daughter turned 16 this year, so we had her party, it was nice. She had a great time. For her surprise her oldest sister came home for a week for her birthday. It was an amazing week.
Monty started a new job. He is not on the road all the time now, he took a job with Cabela's Distribution Center in Wheeling. Yes it's still an hour drive, but I'm ok with that. He likes it there.

A few weeks ago we decided to take a little vacation on our own to Amish country. It was a great time with just the two of us. We looked around amish country, went on a horseback ride and had time alone for the first time in a LONG time.

I hope there will be more trips like this in the future. I have seen a lot of couples raise their kids and then one day wake up and realize they dont know their spouse anymore and get divorced. MontyJ is my soulmate. I know he would never leave, but you know that silent fear is always there.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to hear things are going better, dew.

I think you don't give monty enough credit to know his own mind. From what he has said on this site, he's more afraid of you than himself having changes of mind.

It is a wonderful thing when soul-mates find each other and life works it out. I know there are good reasons for people who split up, but I always wish they could have found what you and I found.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Smart Red I think we both have the same fear of that happening.
I'm a lucky girl and I know that. I just wish he knew how lucky I am to have him in my life. I can't imagine not being a part of his life.
As of right now, I'm still out of work due to the accident last year. I see a surgeon on Thursday. Hopefully I will be on the road to recovery this time next month.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Recovery can't come soon enough after all this time. Best wishes.

I'm ready to get back to my normal life and work. I turned in 5 pages of missed work from last year and started a new page this year already.
Other than that still going on we are doing fine.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are very blessed, Dew. We miss you guys, but I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you all. Nice to "see" ya, even if it's just a quick visit. :) Sounds like it was a nice, romantic trip. Especially the horseback ride!

We've been keeping a frantic pace around my house. I'm ready for fall to slow things down a bit. I'm trying to clear my schedule of as much as possible!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You guys are very blessed, Dew. We miss you guys, but I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you all. Nice to "see" ya, even if it's just a quick visit. :) Sounds like it was a nice, romantic trip. Especially the horseback ride!

We've been keeping a frantic pace around my house. I'm ready for fall to slow things down a bit. I'm trying to clear my schedule of as much as possible!

July is the worst month of the summer for me anyway, with the DD in color guard it keeps me busy, and now football season has started. She has some long away games this year.
The trip was very enjoyable and I LOVED the horseback ride. There were only 5 of us on the trail ride. The guide was amazing and reminded me of my sister in law. Our cabin was beautiful too. I'll have to post the pictures for you all to see.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DSC02662.JPG DSC02666.JPG DSC02667.JPG DSC02662.JPG DSC02666.JPG DSC02667.JPG DSC02669.JPG DSC02670.JPG

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry it's been so long since either of us have been online lately. Some things have been going on around here and it's been a busy summer for both of us.
Our daughter turned 16 this year, so we had her party, it was nice. She had a great time. For her surprise her oldest sister came home for a week for her birthday. It was an amazing week.
Monty started a new job. He is not on the road all the time now, he took a job with Cabela's Distribution Center in Wheeling. Yes it's still an hour drive, but I'm ok with that. He likes it there.

A few weeks ago we decided to take a little vacation on our own to Amish country. It was a great time with just the two of us. We looked around amish country, went on a horseback ride and had time alone for the first time in a LONG time.

I hope there will be more trips like this in the future. I have seen a lot of couples raise their kids and then one day wake up and realize they dont know their spouse anymore and get divorced. MontyJ is my soulmate. I know he would never leave, but you know that silent fear is always there.
Sounds like your pain is subsiding if you went horse back riding! Yay!

Latest posts