Glyphosate~get yee hence~buzz yee off```

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Being born gay ( the way god made me) i have a problem with the bible claiming i am a siner I always felt if god thought homosexual was so wrong she would have made a 11 commandment about it.

Alex, for all these years I've known that and you have always been one of my favorite people on here still. I know you have surely run into people who have treated you badly and it's not right if they have.

We are all born sinners. The baffling thing to me is when anyone tries to pretend that their sin somehow weighs out any better than someone else's. God is holy, and we are not. Our sin comes between us and him and prevents us from having a relationship with him. Anyone who comes to Jesus comes just as they are and you trust him with all the rest.

He says he is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by him. That is a very definitive statement. It's a take it or leave it statement, as we all have our free-will to decide. It then follows that if he is not The way, then he is a liar and he is none of the ways. He didn't go to the cross for ape-men, he died to save human beings made in the image of God because God loves us. You have a body, but you are a living soul. Yeah, I waded into this thread because I think that is important. It really bugs me that evolution is touted as fact, when it is not and makes many leaps of faith itself. I find the two irreconcilable because it undermines the whole point of the Gospel. The truth is out there (I'll quote X-files now, lol). There's truth, and then there's everything else. I wouldn't take a priest or anyone else's word for it. We need to be convinced in our own hearts and it may take some searching out. Just because something is not understood, doesn't mean it cannot be understood, it just means that we have our human limitations and maybe it will take more work on our part to sort it out.

Yes, the Bible was written by men. 40 or so, and over the course of 1500 years. For any of it to concur under those circumstances is quite a feat. The way it all weaves together is amazing. And yes, read it yourself if you will; then take that by faith. There is a long history to how it was translated. The Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible are very different from each other. Then there are all the other versions and translations into other languages. Some words don't translate well or have multiple meanings, Context, syntax, colloquialisms and historical elements had to be considered. Yes, fallible men work on the translations, some come out better or more accurate than others. All of the supposed contradictions have been addressed multiple times since the beginning of the church age. None of them undermine issues of doctrine though. There are different denominations because of different understandings of what was written. You would consider it that God wrote the Bible, the original manuscripts, sort of like dictating a letter to a secretary and overseeing that it was correct before signing his name to it. You would say the letter was from the person who spoke it, not the secretary who typed it up.

Bob, I don't think it's fair to call anyone closed-minded because they haven't the same opinion as you or don't agree to say oh well, who cares, nothing really matters. You don't agree with the things Valley is passionate about, yet you make a point of trolling his threads, speaking rudely, denigrating his opinions because you don't agree with them and act as if he should not have the right to speak them. You can surely present your opinions without being disrespectful. That still might not change the other's mind and sometimes it's just better if you can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all. And I could certainly do better to avoid contentious topics myself. Goodness knows I haven't had much time to get on here lately, I have been so busy. I'm only writing this now because Alex spoke some good points and asked some honest questions. I felt it would be rude and unfair to ignore his last one. My faith is my own viewpoint. I just wanted to let him know that God does indeed love him, very much.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong for seeing and agreeing with both sides of this discussion regarding creationism and evolution. Those that believe in only one or the other have a closed mind since you can't have one without the other. Which came first... the chicken or the egg ?????? :idunno

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Says here, the chicken.

No sense in having such an open mind that your brain falls out. ;)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alex, for all these years I've known that and you have always been one of my favorite people on here still. I know you have surely run into people who have treated you badly and it's not right if they have.

We are all born sinners. The baffling thing to me is when anyone tries to pretend that their sin somehow weighs out any better than someone else's. God is holy, and we are not. Our sin comes between us and him and prevents us from having a relationship with him. Anyone who comes to Jesus comes just as they are and you trust him with all the rest.

He says he is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by him. That is a very definitive statement. It's a take it or leave it statement, as we all have our free-will to decide. It then follows that if he is not The way, then he is a liar and he is none of the ways. He didn't go to the cross for ape-men, he died to save human beings made in the image of God because God loves us. You have a body, but you are a living soul. Yeah, I waded into this thread because I think that is important. It really bugs me that evolution is touted as fact, when it is not and makes many leaps of faith itself. I find the two irreconcilable because it undermines the whole point of the Gospel. The truth is out there (I'll quote X-files now, lol). There's truth, and then there's everything else. I wouldn't take a priest or anyone else's word for it. We need to be convinced in our own hearts and it may take some searching out. Just because something is not understood, doesn't mean it cannot be understood, it just means that we have our human limitations and maybe it will take more work on our part to sort it out.

Yes, the Bible was written by men. 40 or so, and over the course of 1500 years. For any of it to concur under those circumstances is quite a feat. The way it all weaves together is amazing. And yes, read it yourself if you will; then take that by faith. There is a long history to how it was translated. The Catholic Bible and the Protestant Bible are very different from each other. Then there are all the other versions and translations into other languages. Some words don't translate well or have multiple meanings, Context, syntax, colloquialisms and historical elements had to be considered. Yes, fallible men work on the translations, some come out better or more accurate than others. All of the supposed contradictions have been addressed multiple times since the beginning of the church age. None of them undermine issues of doctrine though. There are different denominations because of different understandings of what was written. You would consider it that God wrote the Bible, the original manuscripts, sort of like dictating a letter to a secretary and overseeing that it was correct before signing his name to it. You would say the letter was from the person who spoke it, not the secretary who typed it up.

Bob, I don't think it's fair to call anyone closed-minded because they haven't the same opinion as you or don't agree to say oh well, who cares, nothing really matters. You don't agree with the things Valley is passionate about, yet you make a point of trolling his threads, speaking rudely, denigrating his opinions because you don't agree with them and act as if he should not have the right to speak them. You can surely present your opinions without being disrespectful. That still might not change the other's mind and sometimes it's just better if you can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all. And I could certainly do better to avoid contentious topics myself. Goodness knows I haven't had much time to get on here lately, I have been so busy. I'm only writing this now because Alex spoke some good points and asked some honest questions. I felt it would be rude and unfair to ignore his last one. My faith is my own viewpoint. I just wanted to let him know that God does indeed love him, very much.

Journey, you surely have a gift of words and can form them very well, concisely and with passion. Could never had said that any better. I praise God for your gift!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
[
Maybe you aught be born again```

The Chicken```
And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Says here, the chicken.

No sense in having such an open mind that your brain falls out. ;)

Bob, I don't think it's fair to call anyone closed-minded because they haven't the same opinion as you or don't agree to say oh well, who cares, nothing really matters. You don't agree with the things Valley is passionate about, yet you make a point of trolling his threads, speaking rudely, denigrating his opinions because you don't agree with them and act as if he should not have the right to speak them. You can surely present your opinions without being disrespectful. That still might not change the other's mind and sometimes it's just better if you can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all. And I could certainly do better to avoid contentious topics myself.
So, those that cast first stones must be without sin ?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, that right there is a pretty typical Bob response. I certainly expected as much. You have a pretty solid history of resorting to rants, vitriolic and personal attacks when you run out of ammo and fall short of proving your point. This does much less to further your argument than you think it does. Civil discourse is apparently above and beyond you. But I am not offended. Your beef is with God, not me.

Having at one time in my life been an atheist and God-hater, I've thought all of those thoughts before and there's truly nothing you can throw at me that will dissuade me from what (Whom) I now know to be Truth.

You put your trust in fallible Man, who in white coats make far-fetched assumptions and bias-ridden claims of knowledge of things in the Past that are beyond what they can test or prove. I will continue to take God's word for it and have found it to make much more sense. My observations of the creation always point me back to the Creator.
This is one of the best posts I've read. Thank you so much Journey for speaking out. God bless you.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Being born gay ( the way god made me) i have a problem with the bible claiming i am a,siner I always felt if god thought homosexual was so wrong she would have made a 11 commandment about it.
I hope that this helps somewhat. Scientists don't know exactly what causes some people to be born homosexual , bi-sectual , born as one sex- but identify as the other, instead a heterosexual. It is believed that it could be a complex interchange of genetic factors ( a change in a particular genetic code, one gene dominance over it's pair or. other genes not it's pair, influence of junk genes ( we have many genes with unknown purpose ) on other genes, genes from virases ,etc.) ,influence of mother's sex hormones on the embrio in early pregnancy, or environmental. As for the Bible, there have been many revisions of it over the centuries and a version is based on the time and the groups' beliefs , or a spliting groups' beliefs to change or delete a word or passage or a chapter to suit their needs. When the Spanish came to the new world, the monks were shocked at the open display of some Indians haveing sex with persons of the same sex and branded that practice as immoral and against the commandment by God to go forth and multiply. The Suix Indians called men who acted like and dressed as women, and rode horses backwards, etc. as contraries, and did not discriminate against them. While other cultures would not tolerate these people and were shunned or bannished. In conversations with a couple Catholic priests who said the Church doctrine said that priests and nuns could not marry, it was a nice place for a gay man or woman to become a priest or a nun, but that they had to follow the Church's doctrine in sermans and teachings.

Latest posts