God and the Garden

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I forgot about that garden...maybe I'm the reincarnated Adam.
Naw, I don't think so, but to keep things from going wrong this year NO WOMEN ALLOWED!!!
I think I'll get a sign to hang on the gate
He Man Woman Haters Club Members ONLY!!!
That'll never work, they'll just come out to protest and trample all my stuff.
LOL

THANX RICH

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I do agree that human life in itself is a gift from God and it is so intense to think about. I do not deny the importance of God's hand in many other aspects of life. I did hope this was an appropriate thing to discuss as many of us get ready to plant those gardens and may have seeds started already.

Wow, it is definitely something to meditate on how a small seed can become a plant that feeds us. God brings the sun (and hopefully the rain!) but it is up to us to tend to it as it has been from the very beginning.

Remember that we are His stewards, and it's up to us to be responsible with the land and the blessings He gave us. Take care of those crops, critters, and children!

I always smile as I have to admit it's like God knows when I am having a bad day. The sun comes out to hang clothes on the line, or a hummingbird appears for the first time in the year looking for food (they were my Grandmother's favorite animal). It's a good reminder to be thankful for everything- the smallest flower can be a good reminder that He gave us fertile land.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do agree that human life in itself is a gift from God and it is so intense to think about. I do not deny the importance of God's hand in many other aspects of life. I did hope this was an appropriate thing to discuss as many of us get ready to plant those gardens and may have seeds started already.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. We can barely keep our discussion to plants half the time. ;-)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
All good things are from God, and He is good all the time.

I like to think that even in bad times there is something to be thankful to God for, I'm not always successful at this, but a good day in the garden where all the good things God gives is super abundant definitely makes me lift a grateful heart to Him.

Every living thing is so wondrous and complex and perfectly designed.
From a seeds tiny sprout emerging, to all the life going on unseen in the soil, being in the garden is an opportunity for reflection and thinking on these good things.

Latest posts