God and the Garden

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I see a plant that I put 1 seed in the ground and then like tomatoes each plant has several tomatoes, and each tomato is full of seeds that will make thousands of tomato plants, just amazing.

I'm always amazed at the same thing! One tiny seed makes a big plant that produced FOOD and thousands of seeds to plant and make even more food!

I too feel so at peace in the garden and feel so very close to the Lord. I can't stop smiling and thanking Him throughout my time there, as everything I see seems like a miracle and a blessing.

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This has to be my favorite hymn of any I've ever heard.

Gardening always makes me think of my Grandmother and in turn it brings me closer to God. She was my only Christian influence growing up, and she always kept a variety of flowers and crops. I loved going out when she got older and collecting the veggies from her garden for her, or picking her big buckets of wild blackberries when my cousin and I were little for her to make pies with.
I always say that it's how I keep her memory alive- well that and stories about her, and feeding the hummingbirds! I picked up a straw hat with the green brim on the front of it just like the ones she used to wear, and it's reserved just for the garden.

It's not just the garden even- it's the wild trees and plants growing around us. The smell of honeysuckle growing or the persimmons you know are on the ground (if the deer haven't snatched them up yet). The sight of a Beech's golden leaves through Fall and Winter.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I Come to the Garden Alone
Deniece Williams
I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses,
And the voice I hear falling on my ear,
The Son of God discloses
And He walks with me and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am his own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known
2.He speaks, and the sound of his voice is so sweet
The birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He give to me
Within my heart is to ringing.
And He walks with me and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am his own;
None other has ever known
I stay in the garden with Him,
Though the night around me is falling.
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.
And He walk with me and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
None other has ever known.

HomesteaderWife

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dear Heavenly Father,

As Spring makes its way around the bend, we pray for Your blessing upon all that we do. Lay Your guiding hand upon our families, keep us all safe and well. Help us wisely tend our livestock, and bring us good sun and rain to help our new little critters and our seeds grow. May the land be fertile for our vegetables, our fruits, and our flowers. Thank You for listening to our prayers, and help us look on the bright side of life when we may be standing in the shade. Thank you for the simple things in life, and for those we are surrounded by who love us.

Amen.

KeeperAtTheHomestead

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
While working in the garden today I was giving praisefor the sunlight beating down and the birds chirping away. It was so peaceful. My children were off'rto the side talking about evolution and how it didn't make sense. In the end, they all agreed that only God is capable of such a miracle as life. Give credit where credit is due.

Latest posts