Goin' to the Dogs!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
We lost our 5 year old Australian Shepard today. Back in September we thought she had a bladder infection and the vet put her on meds for it. Then Wednesday she chewed up a luffa I had left to dry on the porch and took her to the vet the next morning because she was acting off and we were worried that all of the bleach haven’t been rinsed off or it was causing a blockage. The vet didn’t seem worried and sent her home with some meds to help her pass it and she seemed better until this morning. This morning we took her back to the vet and between her
x-rays and blood work the vet decided that she needed exploratory surgery to hopefully find either a blockage or a bleed in her intestines. Unfortunately what they discovered was end stage cancer. Because of this we chose to just let her not wake up from the surgery. she passed around 3 o’clock this afternoon. It was very rough we never expected something like this and thought she’d have at least another 7 years.:(

aww drats. :hugs

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Service Dog Class visits the movie theater:

Screenshot_2021-11-05-06-35-19_kindlephoto-184038798.png

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ve got happy news! We are hopefully getting a new foster dog soon. A Female Australian Shepard. She’s about 10 months. The whole family talked and prayed about it and all of us agreed that while we miss Nika none of us feel a reason to wait more than a few weeks before getting a new dog.
Hopefully this new puppy will be a good fit. If not and there are issues that is why we have chosen to foster to adopt. If it doesn’t work out here for her we will still help her find a permanent home.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I’ve got happy news! We are hopefully getting a new foster dog soon. A Female Australian Shepard. She’s about 10 months. The whole family talked and prayed about it and all of us agreed that while we miss Nika none of us feel a reason to wait more than a few weeks before getting a new dog.
Hopefully this new puppy will be a good fit. If not and there are issues that is why we have chosen to foster to adopt. If it doesn’t work out here for her we will still help her find a permanent home.
:hugs:love Good on you all for giving her a chance in life. Thank you :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love Aussies, they are brilliant smart dogs. Such good companions, fist all around awesome dogs. Wonderful that your family is fostering an Aussie. I hope she is a perfect fit.

Latest posts