Goin' to the Dogs!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221124-061010_kindlephoto-271963068.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will put this here since it fits the thread title ;). Maybe you are thinking about a gift of treats for a furry friend or someone who feeds them. Here is a recipe that has the same ingredients as my daughter used when she was a teenage dog owner. It's from allrecipe and can be found in their squash pages. Gardener Appropriate Dog Treats:

1 cup grated carrots
3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup pumpkin/squash puree
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoon flour, as needed

Heat oven to 350°f (175°C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Beat first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in cinnamon and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Add remaining flour as needed to make dough hold together.
Roll out dough on floured board. Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will put this here since it fits the thread title ;). Maybe you are thinking about a gift of treats for a furry friend or someone who feeds them. Here is a recipe that has the same ingredients as my daughter used when she was a teenage dog owner. It's from allrecipe and can be found in their squash pages. Gardener Appropriate Dog Treats:

1 cup grated carrots
3/4 cup peanut butter, crunchy
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup pumpkin/squash puree
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoon flour, as needed

Heat oven to 350°f (175°C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Beat first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Stir in cinnamon and 2 1/2 cups of flour. Add remaining flour as needed to make dough hold together.
Roll out dough on floured board. Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheets.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Those sound healthy! Do you know of any cat treat recipes that are extra special?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I don't @Dahlia .

I haven't had a cat ... let's see ... since 1981. I think it was. Cheese. Yes, that was what she enjoyed!

I did help my wife make a catnip toy for another person's pet sometime over the last 40 years :D. Apparently, someone who tolerated pets indoors ... Looking at you, Garbanzo the Dog (sleeping on her pillow here in the living room).

Steve :)

Latest posts