baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Buford, “I love you Mom!”

IMG_5002.jpeg

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mabel had a dental procedure yesterday, the first one in her 12 years because she had very little tartar buildup in her earlier years. However the number of teeth that needed extraction shocked me (although the vet tells me it's not a large number for a dog of her age). It looks like an archaeology exhibit in a natural history museum.
MabelsExtractedTeeth.JPG

Patient is *very* happy to be back home, taking her antibiotic and pain meds, and on a soft food diet for the next 3 weeks.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mabel had a dental procedure yesterday, the first one in her 12 years because she had very little tartar buildup in her earlier years. However the number of teeth that needed extraction shocked me (although the vet tells me it's not a large number for a dog of her age). It looks like an archaeology exhibit in a natural history museum.
View attachment 60519
Patient is *very* happy to be back home, taking her antibiotic and pain meds, and on a soft food diet for the next 3 weeks.
Goodness! Does she even have any teeth left?

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Goodness! Does she even have any teeth left?
That was exactly the question I asked the vet when I got the news, lol! Apparently dogs have 42 adult teeth, so the arsenal is depleted only a bit, and she'll still be able get a good bite on a crunchy dog biscuit when she's healed.
Mabel.jpg

(disclaimer: photo is from a couple years ago, but even now she looks much the same.)

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was exactly the question I asked the vet when I got the news, lol! Apparently dogs have 42 adult teeth, so the arsenal is depleted only a bit, and she'll still be able get a good bite on a crunchy dog biscuit when she's healed.
View attachment 60521
(disclaimer: photo is from a couple years ago, but even now she looks much the same.)
She is beautiful!

Latest posts