Goin' to the Dogs!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Poor Eva (my 5yo GS, for the newbies here)! She gets ordered to take care of (15yo) Pyg (Lab/Pitbull x GS).
Eva gets yelled at when she:
1) barks at/chases the horses
2) barks at/chases the cats
3) runs through the mud
4) barks in the middle of night
5) gets in anybody's way
Still, she wants kisses and cuddles, and I will try to teach her fetch soon. She played a little bit at DD's house yesterday, but we used the cat's toy, "shrimpy." The cat used to fetch "mousy" and drop the toy down their stairs, chase after it, and bring it back.
Eva brought shrimpy back Once.
Pyg taught her that you take the ball and go home.
She and Rose (BC/GS, 2007-2016, RIP) used to "wolf" and looked rather vicious.
Eva is fair gentle when she wolfs with Pyg, but in the near future will probably enjoy another GS puppy to play with.
POOR PYG, who is "waiting for God." We (DD's and I) are giving her as many cuddles as we can.
PLEASE pray that the Lord will take her quietly, in the night bc she isn't ready to go, but her little body IS.
Praying 🙏 here :hugs

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am 12 years old today
20230408_162843.jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Learned something today about dogs & worms. I have a worm prone dog - nose to the ground all the time related. Apparently dogs can sniff up egg crud through the nose. Found a safe, naturopathic dewormer; lots of vet sourced ones are straight up pesticides, super toxic. Works great and I can tell because my dogs fur turns to rabbit fur, from coarseness. He also stops acting tense when we get near his food. But the stuff needs time, a full moon to full moon cycle since parasites reproduce according to the lunar cycle. That means min. 30 days. This time I wanted something quicker, so looked into garden variety diatomaceous earth. There is a human grade form of it, and people take it for parasite cleanses. Consulted my dog naturopath first before attempting - thank goodness, because it's a terrible idea to ingest that stuff! It cuts up mammalian insides too! Yikes!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Learned something today about dogs & worms. I have a worm prone dog - nose to the ground all the time related. Apparently dogs can sniff up egg crud through the nose. Found a safe, naturopathic dewormer; lots of vet sourced ones are straight up pesticides, super toxic. Works great and I can tell because my dogs fur turns to rabbit fur, from coarseness. He also stops acting tense when we get near his food. But the stuff needs time, a full moon to full moon cycle since parasites reproduce according to the lunar cycle. That means min. 30 days. This time I wanted something quicker, so looked into garden variety diatomaceous earth. There is a human grade form of it, and people take it for parasite cleanses. Consulted my dog naturopath first before attempting - thank goodness, because it's a terrible idea to ingest that stuff! It cuts up mammalian insides too! Yikes!
There is a pool filter type that is heated, it’s like glass. The food grade is safe to ingest, but don’t breathe it into your lungs. I’ve used it before on my horses. It’s also used in grain storage bins to kill insects.

Latest posts