Going To See The Village People Free !

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy I do have a cell phone. (I would rather not!) It is a plain OLD flip phone. Nothing fancy. No Ipod and NO Walkman! We still have a landline at the house. I still run Windows 7 on an old PC. DVD not blueray (and we still can not figure out how to record shows for later viewing!) Fans or window AC, not central air. We still call people Sir and Mam and prefer to be addressed as Mr & Mrs. (Especially my bus passengers and lunchroom kids!) I write checks or pay cash. I do not have a debit card! LOL So who is older here? LOL

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, we may be sisters from some hospital mix-up. DS got a cell phone for me about 10 years ago -- a plain flip-phone that's now filled with lamp oil. No ipod. An old walkman from younger days when I actually did. Not sure it works, but I also have cassettes for it since AM reception is poor.

I rely on the landline for all my calls as the cell phone was primarily used for texting son to "call home". Old PC but never ran windows -- ever! I've always had the Apple "WYSIWYG". Still have a VHS tape player that we use, but there is a DVD part to the dual machine that was given to us by the oldest Grands when they moved on to modern technology.

We do have Air Con. Got it at a great deal. Still don't turn it on all that often as the house stays pretty cool here in the woods anyway. I do write checks -- down from a dozen a month to about four since we started to use credit cards for almost everything -- which isn't a problem since they/it are/is paid in full.

I do have a debit card, though! Just as my credit card remained "virginal" for its first 6 years (I needed a major credit card to cash checks way-back-when), my debit card recently turned 10 and has never been used. But I've got it!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, we may be sisters from some hospital mix-up. DS got a cell phone for me about 10 years ago -- a plain flip-phone that's now filled with lamp oil. No ipod. An old walkman from younger days when I actually did. Not sure it works, but I also have cassettes for it since AM reception is poor.

I rely on the landline for all my calls as the cell phone was primarily used for texting son to "call home". Old PC but never ran windows -- ever! I've always had the Apple "WYSIWYG". Still have a VHS tape player that we use, but there is a DVD part to the dual machine that was given to us by the oldest Grands when they moved on to modern technology.

We do have Air Con. Got it at a great deal. Still don't turn it on all that often as the house stays pretty cool here in the woods anyway. I do write checks -- down from a dozen a month to about four since we started to use credit cards for almost everything -- which isn't a problem since they/it are/is paid in full.

I do have a debit card, though! Just as my credit card remained "virginal" for its first 6 years (I needed a major credit card to cash checks way-back-when), my debit card recently turned 10 and has never been used. But I've got it!
Hi *Sis* ;) It would be fun having another Sister! With lots in common! :)

Latest posts