Gone But Not Forgotten ~ Nyboy

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I miss him a good deal. He took a lot of the light with him from this garden patch when he left....for awhile I kept coming back to see what he was posting now. Then I'd remember he's gone. Hasn't been as fun here since. ☹

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for this Carol. :rainbowflower I am smiling, remembering all the silly things Alex said and did, the thoughtful, caring things he said and did and missing him terribly. I'll never understand why good people, full of love and kindness leave us long before we are ready to give them up. Alex, I hope you are aware that you left a huge hole in our lives. It's just not the same without you. :love

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I may have already told you this story. Last summer I did a daylily lecture for a local garden club. I was very nervous but I had been a teacher for over 30 years. It went very well, I found out I am quite funny, as they laughed where I though they should. But, my best story was about my dear friend Alex, who I had never met. Isn't that something? We never met him but so many loved him so dearly. After a particularly lovely story that he told us, I told him he would be my next husband. A few of you said I would have to fight you for him. But my tale regarding my favorite daylily getting gifted to Martha Stewart by Alex, was my favorite story ever. And they shared in his loss.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the things that made TEG different for me was all of the thought-provoking posts by Nyboy. It was like reading a good book, always looking forward to the next page in anticipation of another surprise. I joined late, and didn't have time to form the deep bonds that so many of you obviously did... but I miss his candor, his openness, and his joy in life. He was a wonderful person who shared his life with this community, and it seems to me that he enriched a lot of other people's lives. I can think of no greater legacy that one could leave behind than that.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of the things that made TEG different for me was all of the thought-provoking posts by Nyboy. It was like reading a good book, always looking forward to the next page in anticipation of another surprise. I joined late, and didn't have time to form the deep bonds that so many of you obviously did... but I miss his candor, his openness, and his joy in life. He was a wonderful person who shared his life with this community, and it seems to me that he enriched a lot of other people's lives. I can think of no greater legacy that one could leave behind than that.
So true ❤

Last edited:

Latest posts