Good deeds.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I rarely watch TV. And it's favorite channels. Nature, travel, science, or a very good movie. Unfortunately, violence, crime news, nonsense - it prevails. It is a pity that my husband looks every evening. Yesterday, I laughed to tears when I saw a documentary about UFOs. The authors claim that the aliens - dwarfs emerge from a lake somewhere in Siberia. Dear authors - SAY DRUG - NO!
But in fact, it increases the level of a anxiety.
Very much evil. And it is bad for health. Of course, I will not hide like an ostrich from problems. I understand that they are exist.
But I want to see us all very different - caring, responsive, ready to help. And I want that the children see it. I am sure that our thoughts and words affect the world around us. I really like what Mother Teresa said: "If I am invited to a rally "Against the war" - I will not come, but if I am invited to the meeting" For Peace ", then I will come!"
So here are a few random video that made bystanders. But this - the good deeds!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, there is evil in the world, there are selfish self-centered people everywhere. There is also a lot of good in the world, people helping out either in emergencies or people that regularly volunteer to help others, such as the people that volunteer their time where my wife and I do. Eight local churches of different denominations sponsor an organization that helps people in need with no religious test. If they are in need they get help: food, clothing, furniture, appliances, utilities paid for, or transportation provided. But it is not day to day help, for example someone can only get food once every 90 days. About 80% of our clients come back every 90 days for food, about 20% are new people. Some just lost everything in a fire.

I find that race, religion, nationalities, sex, or sexual preference - none of that really matters, it's what is inside each person. I've helped and been helped by people different from me as well as similar. And I've seen evil or just disinterested people of all kinds. Evil is out there but so is good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very good demonstrations of caring people :)

I too am exhausted by contrived scenes of violence and a simple-minded acceptance of violence as heroic. We also should realise that the threat of violence is often, also the inflicting of violence on others.

Yes, I understand that the entire idea of being a "slacker" has social credibility in some circles. But, I wish to be a person who values human life as fundamental. That goes beyond just a shrug and acceptance.

There are two individuals involved in every "helping others" situation. The helper develops skills that make him or her a valued neighbor!

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Larisa, I much prefer the last video...people helping each other rather than animals (as much as I love them). In a nearby city -- Chicago -- children are being shot in the streets while some folks still complain over the death of a gorilla at a zoo last year.

It sends pain through the heart.

The grandchildren -- relatively sheltered in our small community -- were witness to many homeless people on our Christmas journey. Still, we were met everywhere with friendly, caring people not unfriendly strangers. I think I need to find opportunities for the grands to learn to share their blessings.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
And here are two of my Favorite people. They both volunteer for the local fire dept. and she just completed and passed her EMS exam. :) Proud to call him my son. And call her family as well (DS girlfriend.) Ask either one of them for a helping hand with ANYTHING and they will be there. (For anyone.) :love
Dress uniforms 1-7-17 (4).JPG

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some times good deeds are rewarded. last year I had a man bring his little dog in for grooming. He was not my usual client reeking of money he was a taxi driver. He told me a old lady in his building died, the landlord was going to bring her dog to the pound. He and his wife took the dog in, they never had a dog before and fell in love. He never ask for a discount but I gave him a large one. When he picked up his dog he couldn't believe how good she looked. He went home and took a photo of his dog and put it on the dashboard of his taxi. When a dog lover was in the, taxi and would remark how cute dog was, he would tell them to bring their dog to me. I must gotten at least 10 new clients because of him.