good morning jack frost

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
it looks like mr.frost decided to visit us this morning went out about 6 this morning and took theses.

come back out after a couple more cups of coffee.

yup its a wee bit chilly this morning

the kiwis handled this frost quite well

thank goodness that we are going to be back in the 40's during the mornings.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plunge!

Your thermometer may have a lower reading than mine has had here near the 49th parallel, Major'! It is a foggy, frosty morning again.

We've had light frosts for over a month, I believe it is. The bok choy seems to have adjusted. I'm not sure if it might have been true with anything else deemed "frost-hardy" since most everything has been pulled. There is still some kale that I may check on today. I'm not the least concerned that it is alive.

Plants do suffer damage from frost and toughen. Years ago, I was in the "kale is sweeter after a frost" group. Mostly, that meant that I neglected to harvest it during the growing season. It is probably true - maybe frost "tenderizes" it a bit. It would certainly differ from most everything else. Bok choy can get so tough that I can't chew it! Instead of that happening so far, we were able to harvest another nice bag of that veggie this week!

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Always sad to see the first frost, but it does look kind of magical, doesn't it?

Latest posts