Good reading

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The other day I picked up "Crockett's Victory Garden" at a used bookstore. Probably one of the most practical gardening books that I have read.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Funny, I picked one up at a thrift store a couple weeks ago too :)

It is not a bad book, in particular there is good well-laid-out info on when to start different veggies in various zones; but my main reaction when reading it was, Wow, this was before organic gardening was invented :p He did start out with quite the chemical-poisons shelf... ;)

Pat

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LVVCHAP said:
The other day I picked up "Crockett's Victory Garden" at a used bookstore. Probably one of the most practical gardening books that I have read.
Good book......the television show that the book was a "companion" to, was the best vegetable gardening show, ever, to me.

LVVCHAP

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Funny, I picked one up at a thrift store a couple weeks ago too :)

It is not a bad book, in particular there is good well-laid-out info on when to start different veggies in various zones; but my main reaction when reading it was, Wow, this was before organic gardening was invented :p He did start out with quite the chemical-poisons shelf... ;)

Pat
You are right Pat. He was a little heavy on the chemicals, bit his timing and "how to" for various plants was very helpful.

Latest posts