Goodbye Gator...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A week ago I made the tough decision of saying goodbye to our old Gatordog.
He was failing quickly and I didn't want to put off the inevitable until he was in so much pain that nothing was enjoyable for him any longer. He got to go for a last truck ride, sitting up next to me in the cab. I don't think he could see very much any longer, but I rolled down a window so he could enjoy all the sharp scents of the countryside.

The people that attended him at the vets were very kind and gentle to both of us. I held him while he drifted away.

scheuneman family pix025.jpg

pack river ride6.08007.jpg

We shared a lot of happy trails old friend.

Rose Tijerina

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
A week ago I made the tough decision of saying goodbye to our old Gatordog.
He was failing quickly and I didn't want to put off the inevitable until he was in so much pain that nothing was enjoyable for him any longer. He got to go for a last truck ride, sitting up next to me in the cab. I don't think he could see very much any longer, but I rolled down a window so he could enjoy all the sharp scents of the countryside.

The people that attended him at the vets were very kind and gentle to both of us. I held him while he drifted away.

View attachment 10163

View attachment 10164
We shared a lot of happy trails old friend.
May he rest in peace

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww he was a good boy. I love those ears. :) You will miss him. My heart goes out to you. Never easy to loss an animal friend.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Unknown

big hugs, CAROL DEE

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss, but glad you were able to make the decision to put him at ease.
It's no wonder that people get so attached to their dogs. They, unlike spouses, children and parents, are non-judgmental, forgiving and always interested in what you are doing. They cheer you up when you are down, and calm you down when you are anxious.

Latest posts