Gorgeous Zinnia! *NEW PICS, POST 1*

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OEGB, I believe that there was an error in packing. I've seen flowers like this. One of my 2 grandmothers grew ones very similar, only they were red.

They are very pretty, and I'd definitely take back seeds! Want to trade 4 or 5 for something? :D

Thanks for posting these! :)

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
THat's a beautiful bloom :happy_flower You've been having some really nice success with your gardening :coolsun Good Job :woot

I always thought Zinnas reseed themselves. I had some at an old address that come up one spring I didn't know they were there when we moved in. And they bloomed the 2 next years also. This is why when we moved from there 16 years ago I left a map of all the plantings I had done in the 3 years we were there. :watering So the next folks would know and either keep it or move it. :tools

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
opps, sorry, theOEGBman, I posted my zinnia pics on the wrong thread. Thought it was yout thread asking for pics.

Anne

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks, Everyone! Anne, I dont mind you posting the pics at all, they are gorgeous flowers!

Ok, Thanks Carlos! I have one head that Im saving, I'll have to grab a couple more tomorrow. Oh yeah, I knew the faded petals were a sign of age, I was just mentioning it, haha. Thanks!!

Tutter, I know for a fact they were mixed up, LOL! We got two tiny ones out of a 20 foot long row of zinnias. The rest are all pretty tall. If I save seeds, I'd be happy to send you some. I dont know if they will grow like this, but you can be Guinea Pig #2!

Karan, I believe they reseed themselves. We had a ton of them come up in the garden for a couple of years after we planted one row. They got so bad, they became a pest!

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have been growing lots of flower hybirds for a long time. To tell you the truth, I realy don't know what they are!

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ok, then, theOEGBman, here is a visitor in my zinnias this afternoon. It is a toss up as to which image is the more beautiful. Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Anne

5365_flying_and_zinnias_053.jpg

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ha, did I mention I took about 20 shots for that one? I think yours is pretty nice. Do you know what kind of a butterfly that is? Swallowtail?

Anne

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
LOL, Anne! I took a ton of pics to get that shot, so I believe ya! Luckily for me, that one let me get with a few inches of it so I could take the pictures.

Thanks, Anne! I knew it was a Swallowtail, but never thought of TIGER,lol. That caterpillar is pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen, hahaha. Its eyes are really cool.

BTW: I looked for those flowers today and it was HARD. I have so many pinks, they blend in really well. I finally found the plant and it had quite a few flowers on it, but I totally forgot to snip some off. I'll do it next time Im out there, and hopefully I'll have enough to share!

Latest posts