got in a tangle with some sort of wasp or other ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Well a good friend, a priest has gone to walk with the Lord ~ I got the call just yesterday ~ God love him ```

When last I spoke to him he was saying : Remember when we use to sit on your hot tub deck ~ you'd build a fire in that old wheelbarrow and we'd eat Kebob and smoke a cigar with a glass of wine ~ sure wish we could do that again ```

So I decided today to take the small barbee up to the hot tub deck, eat and smoke that last Cuban Cigar he gave me ```

I got some coals going, readied some meat corn on the cob and potato with butter in foil ~ i wen down to gather a few stick to add to the barbee ~ kinda tripped and did a crazy dance and fell downhill ~ got up hoping no one saw me fall ~ picked up what I'd dropped ~ well I had kicked an old dry stump and out of it came some unhappy wasps ~ I thought they were Bumble Bees they don't have much of a sting ~ BUT these son of a snitches do ~ got me on the hand and on the ear ~ really painful ~ if someone got about ~ say twenty of these ~ they might go into shock ~ I'm not a whiner ~ these really hurt ~ never had anything quite like this before ~ I'll see if I can get rid of these little buggers and burn that stump ```

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well a good friend, a priest has gone to walk with the Lord ~ I got the call just yesterday ~ God love him ```

When last I spoke to him he was saying : Remember when we use to sit on your hot tub deck ~ you'd build a fire in that old wheelbarrow and we'd eat Kebob and smoke a cigar with a glass of wine ~ sure wish we could do that again ```

So I decided today to take the small barbee up to the hot tub deck, eat and smoke that last Cuban Cigar he gave me ```

I got some coals going, readied some meet corn on the cob and potato with butter in foil ~ i wen down to gather a few stick to add to the barbee ~ kinda tripped and did a crazy dance and fell downhill ~ got up hoping no one saw me fall ~ picked up what I'd dropped ~ well I had kicked an old dry stump and out of it came some unhappy wasps ~ I thought they were Bumble Bees they don't have much of a sting ~ BUT these son of a snitches do ~ got me on the hand and on the ear ~ really painful ~ if someone got about ~ say twenty of these ~ they might go into shock ~ I'm not a whiner ~ these really hurt ~ never had anything quite like this before ~ I'll see if I can get rid of these little buggers and burn that stump ```

hornets/wasps pack a pretty potent sting. they are frequent flyers here and i've learned to respect them. the only thing i do is make sure they are not allowed to build nests on the eaves of the house so i get up in the early morning in the summer once a week and make sure to knock down any nests they are trying to start. i don't want to be stuck (like my neighbor is now) with a large paper wasp nest to cope with. they can make nests in any of the other places around here (and we have plenty). sometimes they even put nests up in the trees.

RIP friend of Richard.

Latest posts