Got my Winter Planting Set Up Going Inside (Question Page 2!)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some of what I've started already. I'm a bit impatient, but what I have going will do ok inside for the time being and will be plenty strong to move outside in March.

This is the set up in my kitchen window with additional lighting. My husband set this up for me last month. He did a good job.
plants2.jpg

These are my most recent plantings, the Garlic Chives are already thriving. Most of those with be potted as Herb gifts for friends, I'll only likely keep one in a pot on my porch.
plants1.jpg

These are a close up what I have going in here. I didn't get a chance to photo the 'black eyed susans', poppies, and the few others I have outside in make shift greenhouse bottles. Those will be moved inside tomorrow onto plant stands in the dining room window.
plants3.jpg

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh that looks wonderful!!! You will have some happy friends with the herb gifts! You are certainly going to have a jump start on spring with the diverse seedlings. Great job....

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Right now I only have one or 2 tiny plant beds I did last year. I'm planning several more. I have hundreds of seeds I'm going to be planting and prepping inside in January. I have several window boxes to fill in spring as well as start the raised bed veggie garden.

Enough to keep me busy and make hubby insane. :rolleyes:

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh I love this! What a great use of space, you can check on your seedlings easily and it looks pretty too!

Phyllis

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have already transplanted these from the tray. All the larkspur has 4 true leaves already! My english daisies never came up. :/

I'll get pictures of my new set up soon... they are all mostly in the bathroom now under a lamp.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
5763_img_0390.jpg

This is what I have set up right now. DH is 'supposed' to build me some shelves because I generally have about 8 of these flats going as the winter progresses. :tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's my current bathroom update of plants.

plants4.jpg

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's a fluorescent 'grow light' that Lowe's sells. They're only about $10-15. They work pretty well, as long as I keep them really close to the flats.

Latest posts