Got new beds built! pic

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I finished building my 6 new raised beds today. The wood was free from a construction site, they are three inches thick by eight inches wide oak planks, should last me a few years. The worst part was shoveling the 2 yards of compost into the beds, taking a few advil now...
7846_gardens_003.jpg

Now I can't wait to plant something in them, after I add a wheelbarrow full of chicken compost in each one...That is definitely going to happen another day! :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
They look fabulous!! Nothing like a clean pallet for planting! What are you planning?

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
those look wonderful! i can't wait till the winter is gone here so i can get my beds started! i bought bales of hay to make some simple cold frames so i could get a jump start mid-winter on some lettuce and kale for my chickies and bunny.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
AWESOME!!!! The advil is a good idea too.

Hubby and I are working out what materials to use for out raised bed. I'll have to show him your thread.

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hunkie, I wouldn't of purchased oak like this because I don't know how long the frames will last, I did plan on using pressure treated till I was offered these...
Lesa, I'm going to use 3 of them for tomatoes, and the other 3 for quick producing crops like green beans and cukes, peppers, but in February I'll be planting cool weather crops like lettuce, beets and the such. :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ooooh... love them! Wanna come build more for me. I'm about 4 beds short of what I want still. You aren't THAT far from me! hahaha :lol:

Latest posts