Got the beets canned, the canning season has begun!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This is my first time making pickled beets, I got that 10 lbs of beets done today, it made 6 quarts. Nothing like storing food from my own garden! :D
7846_pickled_beets_002.jpg

Are you canning yet?

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love my pickled beets either as a condiment or diced in a salad. Where did you get the recipe. I'm stil using the one my grandma used. It uses cinnamon and bayleaf.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Those beets are a wonderful site. I always enjoyed lining up all my summers canning and just enjoying the results of all that work.!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
They look great! What a nice sense of accomplishment! I am glad you did the pickled beets. We really enjoyed ours. I also did a bunch of just plain canned beets- so they are more of a veggie, than a condiment. I have served those pickled beets, to beet haters, and they loved them! Happy Canning!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
I have served those pickled beets, to beet haters, and they loved them!
Amazing how that works. :lol: That's the only way I can get my DH to eat beets. Unfortunately, he can wipe out a whole quart of pickled beets before I got to taste the first one!

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Love my pickled beets either as a condiment or diced in a salad. Where did you get the recipe. I'm stil using the one my grandma used. It uses cinnamon and bayleaf.
I got the recipe from homesteadacres on youtube, I haven't taste tested the recipe yet but I'm gonna let the jars set for a few weeks and report how they taste on here. Hope they're good, gonna let you know in a few weeks. I just love canning and storing food.

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
OMG!!! I couldn't wait to try the beets I pickled this past weekend so I opened a jar and tried them, they are sooooooo gooood!!!! I like them even more than my mothers pickled beets, all the flavors came together so well, it was like eating candy!!! I highly recommend this canning recipe!! I added onions to mine which wasn't in the recipe. I'm using this recipe from now on, perfect! :D

Latest posts