Grandparent bragging

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have just conveyed these really good suggestions too my neighbours.

Thanks flowerbug :thumbsup

it takes a week or two after starting D3 for it to be available so it is not an instant fix. vitamin C is just not often in packaged and processed foods so many people don't get enough.

i had a few sour oranges the other day (for the first time i tried them). i could eat those all the time. yum! plenty of vitamin C in those (eating them whole except the seeds).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Vitamins D3 and C are important and many people don't get enough.

D3 is immune support and for many other functions. i have no idea what a safe dose for a child would be so you'll have to research this yourself but that one i would start ASAP.

C is also one that some children may not get enough of if they are picky eaters. i don't know what Thomas normally eats and if he has a varied diet or not.

if taking a lot of D3 suggestions are to also make sure there is some K2 taken to make sure calcium goes into the bones and not the tissues.
I've ordered the k2 and d3 for myself, as for the vitamin c I'm pleased too say that this year we have had delicious oranges so I can take these supplements along with them at breakfast time :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've ordered the k2 and d3 for myself, as for the vitamin c I'm pleased too say that this year we have had delicious oranges so I can take these supplements along with them at breakfast time :)

remember there is no dosage guides for K2 vs. D3. all i have heard so far is that if you are taking a lot of D3 then you should take some K2 along with it but you will have to research how much to take.

it really helps the best if you can find a doc who will test for these and other things you might be lacking so you're not running short. as people get older they don't absorb some vitamins as well as they do when they're younger and there are other possible issues with nutrition with people who just forget to eat or don't get enough fresh foods.