Grandparent bragging

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits , that is one beautiful little girl!! And I simply LOVE that little outfit you made, especially the bloomers! I wish all little kids wore clothes like this still....bloomers were always the cutest.

Thank you Bee! I agree about clothes and women used to wear really cute pregnancy clothes. When DD was pregnant it was hard to even find pregnancy clothes in the stores and the styles are totally different.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't believe she is almost a year. She's walking already? You have some sewing talent. Love that little dress.

Mary

Thank you Mary! She has been walking and using furniture since 7 months and then at 9 months she started taking steps without furniture and now has been walking across the room, but she is always carrying a pillow or that purse and talking and walking and falling. She is extremely excited about that purse. LOL No talent with the sewing. I search and search for beginner sewing patterns. The bloomers were really easy to make once I read the instructions a few times and I watch videos how to do things. I really started sewing trying to get DD interested, but not yet. Kind of sort of she talks about it.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't remember if I've asked already, is she your only grandchild?

Mary

Yes, she is the only one and the only grandchild that lives in the area of her other grandmother. She has 2 grandmothers, 1 grandfather, 5 uncles, 1 great-uncle, an aunt, and some 3rd cousins living here. Her daddy is 1 of 8 kids. His sister has 4 children in another state. His oldest sister does not want kids and does not live here, but his other sister and his 4 brothers live here and none married yet. I am very blessed she just lives a mile from here so I get to see her often. DD called yesterday and wanted to know if I wanted to go to Walmart with her and the baby and I watched DD spend all her money. LOL I watch her every Tuesday and the other grandmother Friday if she is in town. She does travel to go see her daughter and grandkids, and then I watch for just now and then when DD has to do something.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh that is truly a blessing just having one grandchild. At least for now, she has you all to herself. I'm being a little selfish I know. My only 2 grandkids live 3 blocks away and it is the best thing. So convenient for last minute drop offs for my daughter. Many times I'll just tell her drop them off and pick them up after you're done.

Just be warned. It gets to be more fun as they grow!

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh that is truly a blessing just having one grandchild. At least for now, she has you all to herself. I'm being a little selfish I know. My only 2 grandkids live 3 blocks away and it is the best thing. So convenient for last minute drop offs for my daughter. Many times I'll just tell her drop them off and pick them up after you're done.

Just be warned. It gets to be more fun as they grow!

Mary

DD showed up today with a little wading pool, a bunch of toys for the water. It was so nice. Showed up at lunch time and DS got to see his sister and niece. She stayed until 3. She spent some time going through baby clothes and packing things away.
004.JPG
64320282_2259115330808393_1885641563799814144_n.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary Ann cropped CRopped.jpg
Me and Rachel cropped.jpg
Jacob Andy.jpg
M AND D cropped cropped.jpg
Mary Ann fixed.jpg
DD looks something like me and her dad. DH had dark hair. DS looks like DH, but a lot like me, and baby pictures of the grand baby look like a cross of me and DH. In some ways she looks more like me than my own kids, at least so far as a baby. I think it is her expressions. I feel like I am writing my ancestry on here. Lol. I guess I am excited being a grandmother. These are pictures of me as a little girl.

Latest posts