Grandparent bragging

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
He has beautiful eyes! The sun is so bright today and pretty out. I hope DD gets a picture of Evelyn outside. I have one yesterday but far away. She loves the snow too, but DD not so much. LOL She has to bundle her up and the baby and go out and let her play awhile. Going to warm back up into 50s and act like fall for awhile instead of the deep Arctic.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are raising a steer, going to split him with DD and family. The granddaughters have "met" him and I told them, "There is your steaks, hamburger and beef roasts." The two little ones, age 5 and 4, were ready to get their knives and forks. LOL

I've been after my daughter to get a freezer for a long time, with no where to put a half a steer, she finally broke down and bought one. When it was delivered, the 4 year old got excited and yelled, "MEAT! That is my MEAT freezer! I like MEAT!"

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are raising a steer, going to split him with DD and family. The granddaughters have "met" him and I told them, "There is your steaks, hamburger and beef roasts." The two little ones, age 5 and 4, were ready to get their knives and forks. LOL

I've been after my daughter to get a freezer for a long time, with no where to put a half a steer, she finally broke down and bought one. When it was delivered, the 4 year old got excited and yelled, "MEAT! That is my MEAT freezer! I like MEAT!"
LOL you are raising a carnivore for sure!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got a FaceTime call from the granddaughters yesterday. They asked to see the pigs and I reminded them the pigs are in the freezer. Oh, was their reply. Then the little one bragged on her new freezer and excitedly said, “That’s where we are going to put our COW!”

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion, @baymule :)

Suggest that they use some of that COW for sausage.

As a kid, I used to search through our big freezer trying to find something, just anything, besides beef ;). The sausage was just fine and I appreciated it - there never seemed to be enough of it. Farmers' Pack made it for us. Yep. They should have made more! They would make breakfast sausage, smoke our meat, and even make beef bacon.

Steve

Latest posts