Grape plant prices?

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just got one grape plant at our local discount store.Have bought them before and they grew decent.Besides being seeded(I am over that) they taste great. They have red and purple too.

Was just wondering if the $3.29 cost was a norm,or am I paying to much?

There is also the nanking cherry and various raspberries sold at 2 plants for $3.29. I wish they had currants. I paid $7 for just one currant plant at the greenhouse 2-3 years ago.

I told dh we should buy A LOT and fill up the yard. Grapes give a lot,but a few raspberry canes will give you enough for one bowl.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They were going for $4.49 at my local TSC, nice looking plants too.

oberhaslikid

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have an Old fashion Concord that came from a 3 generation farm and well over 80 years old.I sell the starts from it for $5.
So I think the store price is pretty reasonable.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
2 years ago i bought a concord grape for $5 at our local Lowe's. so i would say your price was really good!

i have a 15 year old red Canadice grape growing at my parents' yard that i took cuttings last year and only one was able to sprout roots. it never got planted in the ground and stayed in a jar with water throughout the entire winter! it went dormant and i never threw it away even though i thought at first it was dead! a few weeks ago i pulled it out of the jar and noticed the roots were still looking healthy. last week i saw it was budding! :D

so if you can get a cheap grape to grow for a couple of years till it is well established, you can take cuttings and keep extending your vineyards with clones of your favorite grapes for next to nothing!

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I think great price. I never see them for 3.29. Cheapest I've ever found was 5.00, and down here I have to order mine (grapes) via internet, so by the time they are done with me, it's about 25.00 for a couple of plants you guys thankfully only pay about 10.00 for. But I am happy for you, just wish I could find a good deal :)

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thanks for the posts!

Dh's truck (OTR DRIVER) has been in the shop much of the week,so I really shouldn't be spending money.

They only get one shipment a year though,and the plants go so fast.

Latest posts