Great Pyrenees Puppy!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, that's clean dirt.

Cutest picture ever. I love how he lays with his legs back.
@Nyboy could verify if this is a myth, but I was told that a dog that can lay like that has good hips.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Our grand daughter spent the weekend with us a couple of weeks ago. Trip took right up with her, where she went, he went. What she did, he did.

View attachment 7244

The black thing in the corner is Parker, our Lab-Great Dane, photobombing the picture.

Love the photo! He sure is bigger!! So far Cherokee hasn't put his legs behind him. All my other "mastiff" types have liked to do that too. This was our beloved "Nimrod" a Bordeaux Mastiff. Just a pup in that photo with my napping sister in law.
Nimrod and Denise Aug 1996 01.jpg

Oh here is my Old English Sheepdog as a pup lying with his back legs outstretched.
Petie back legs out email.jpg

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our DD and family came out to see the progress we have made on our new place. They both teach and things get intense for them, plus having a new baby, so we go to their place more than they come to ours. So it was pretty special that they came over, we really didn't expect to see much of them until school lets out.

Trip was fascinated by the baby. I restrained him as most parents really don't want a big slobbering dog all over their infant (I wouldn't either LOL) But other than wanting to get up close and personal, he was well behaved. After awhile, the baby got fussy because she needed her nap, so her parents decided to go home. Before they could get her in the car, she was in full swing, screaming her little lungs out. Trip was VERY concerned and tried to get in the car as they were putting the baby in the carseat. He couldn't get in the door that my daughter was using to buckle the baby in the carseat, so he ran around the car, trying to get in on the other side. The crying baby had him all upset. I went to him and reassured him, they got the baby in the car and left. He wanted to follow the car, but I held him back.

I think Trip is going to be one fine dog.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our DD and family came out to see the progress we have made on our new place. They both teach and things get intense for them, plus having a new baby, so we go to their place more than they come to ours. So it was pretty special that they came over, we really didn't expect to see much of them until school lets out.

Trip was fascinated by the baby. I restrained him as most parents really don't want a big slobbering dog all over their infant (I wouldn't either LOL) But other than wanting to get up close and personal, he was well behaved. After awhile, the baby got fussy because she needed her nap, so her parents decided to go home. Before they could get her in the car, she was in full swing, screaming her little lungs out. Trip was VERY concerned and tried to get in the car as they were putting the baby in the carseat. He couldn't get in the door that my daughter was using to buckle the baby in the carseat, so he ran around the car, trying to get in on the other side. The crying baby had him all upset. I went to him and reassured him, they got the baby in the car and left. He wanted to follow the car, but I held him back.

I think Trip is going to be one fine dog.
How sweet. :love

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
How lucky for you that Trip likes babies. Your story is cute and heart warming.

My son's Great Dane is a sweetheart and pushover for almost everyone except babies between birth and about two years old. For some reason he growls at them. While I doubt he would try to hurt them on purpose, for some reason parents don't want to give him a chance.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today we were relaxing in the shade after planting in a new shade garden bed. We have outdoor chairs scattered under the trees, nice breeze. Parker and Trip were playing, running and tackling each other, growling horribly and having a great time. They were so amusing that I didn't even care that the elephants were stampeding through my newly planted bed.

They made a high speed wide circle around us, cutting a trail right through my new bed again. Trip was so intent on catching Parker, that somehow he failed to see the oak tree..... y'all know where this is going ..... the tree didn't move, Trip hit it almost head on. He seemed to realize it was there, turned his head as he slammed his shoulder into the tree. BLAM!

Trip came limping straight to me. I felt his front leg and shoulder. No cry of pain, no wincing, no break. I rubbed and massaged him, making appropriate sympathetic noises, in a few minutes he was fine. He and Parker resumed their chase.

The look on his face when he hit that tree was priceless. Him coming straight to me for comfort was even more priceless.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Poor baby!! I am working on a series of photos of Cherokee and our "adventure" in the garden today! We have to go on a walk so it will be later tonight before I finish it.

Latest posts