Greed and Arrogance Throughout History

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Starting with...

The Titanic

If you watch this clip you will see why I added the word arrogance.

At the time this video was filmed, I believe was the last surviving lady recalling the true and accurate events

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Starting with...

The Titanic

If you watch this clip you will see why I added the word arrogance.

At the time this video was filmed, I believe was the last surviving lady recalling the true and accurate events

just imagine what the world would be like today if all the money currently spent on weapons and wars were instead spent on gardens and restoring lands...

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
just imagine what the world would be like today if all the money currently spent on weapons and wars were instead spend on gardens and restoring lands...
Time and time again year in and decades out even after many centuries they never seem to learn.

Money was made and that ship sunk, it made no sense then and there is no thought for human life even now. Be it wars or travel.
It's just so sad.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i also forgot to mention helping sick people and those who are hungry or without shelter.

if you want to see why the world is the way it is, well, look no further than you're governments budget for war vs. all the rest.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought of this while thinking about my son. Then, wanted to share. But, Marie has that charming song by her son, last on her song and poem thread. Decided that it might be better here:

When we stop and look around us
There is nothing that we need.
In a world of persecution that is burning in its greed.

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door?
Because the truth is hard to swallow

That's what the war of love is for.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
one of my favorite bands. i have on my computer here 147 cd's of music and 8 of them including this one are from the MB's. :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I thought of this while thinking about my son. Then, wanted to share. But, Marie has that charming song by her son, last on her song and poem thread. Decided that it might be better here:

When we stop and look around us
There is nothing that we need.
In a world of persecution that is burning in its greed.

Why do we never get an answer
When we're knocking at the door?
Because the truth is hard to swallow

That's what the war of love is for.

I love this

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Greed. I just found out if you are paying a warranty on a mobile phone because you want it protected then the charger stops doing it's job like charge the battery, which is obviously needed too function this phone that it's not covered, why? Because it's an accessory. Like a pretty purse or hair ribbon. :mad: I'm tamping...

Now these cheeky rip offs want you too purchase one of their chargers that are costing at least 12 pounds more than anywhere else. :somad:idunno

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greed. I just found out if you are paying a warranty on a mobile phone because you want it protected then the charger stops doing it's job like charge the battery, which is obviously needed too function this phone that it's not covered, why? Because it's an accessory. Like a pretty purse or hair ribbon. :mad: I'm tamping...

Now these cheeky rip offs want you too purchase one of their chargers that are costing at least 12 pounds more than anywhere else. :somad:idunno

there is a reason why i refuse to buy a lot of today's gadgets. they're often not made to last and like you say the vendor ties you into recurring expenses or charges rediculous prices for parts. the heck with them and the disposable society... that's not how i want to live.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but part of the problem is that greed and arrogance are fundamentally part of human (and indeed living) nature. We just call it "instinct to survive" and "to better oneself" but it is fundamentally the same. The moment you say "I have a right to live" or even "I have a right to try to live" you have already gone over the edge. To truly be in harmony with the wheel of nature is to let it run right over you and crush you. The circle of life is really more about death.

As far as I am concerned we probably started irrevocably down the wrong path when we worked out fire, the wheel and language. We've basically been wrecking everything since then. We hunted most of the megafauna to extinction because we were hungry and they were better targets (or were competitors for the tasty animals" We took the cedar forests of Lebanon and the Atlas mountains and turned them into scrublands because we needed to build big buildings and ships. We drove the lions of Ethiopia and such places out of existence (or nearly so) because we thought it was fun to watch people kill them or them kill each other in big amphitheaters. We took a thriving Island of palm forests and cut everything down to make rollers to put up big stone statues (and in the process almost drove ourselves to extinction)

More and more I think the Human Extinction movement 1. Has the right idea and 2. Needs to get rid of the "voluntary" from their description.

Latest posts