Greenhouse, It can be done.

Elbesta

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love Peppers, any kind, and onions, Walla Walla sweets, and tomatoes, and spinach, and beats the greens mostly. I love to eat. I like to can but I cut salt out of my diet so I need to find salt free salsa and stewed tomato recipes. I do grow a few potatoes but they don't keep long enough in storage to grow a lot.

Elbesta

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Well, I'm back on again! Along with the greenhouse I also built a hoop house that is 12' by 24' just for tomatoes and peppers. We had hard frost this spring through middle of May so things started a bit slow but I got the garden going. Here are some picts of the hoop house.

006.JPG Hoop house 001.JPG Hoop house 003.JPG Hoop house 004.JPG Hoop house 007.JPG

Here is a pick inside the green house also. Eggplant and cucumbers.

Hoop house 008.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, you did it!

Looks like you also did it well :).

Congratulations! Look around on TEG and think about sharing more! Variety information, produce use ... all that sort of thing.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, you have been busy. The green house looks great. I'm envious! But I don't think I would like your weather. Glad you got back on the forum.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey Elbesta, we may be neighbors!

Your gardens are wonderful, and it seems like a greenhouse and hoop house are the best bets for getting a good crop of tomatoes and peppers for sure. This about the tenth year that I have said "I think by next year I'll have a greenhouse setup". :\

Looks like you used cattle panels. Did you find that it was a problem with making holes in your plastic?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Like the hoop house! I made a hoop chicken run with 3 cow panels. Love those things-they make it easy for the builder-challenged! Your garden looks great! Glad you're back, don't stay away so long!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, just went back and read this from the beginning...
welcome back! And we are almost neighbors. I'm more north, about even with the southern end of Pend O'reille Lake.

Elbesta

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The plastic on the hoop house is doing great. There have been some high winds but no holes. It's also only 4 mil.. The weather is hot now 90 + in the day but it still will drop to 45 at night. We had a 49 degree difference in low and high temp one day.

Latest posts