Greensage, Marjoram Question

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am planting the seeds - well, actually I just finished sprinkling them on the soil in the pot I was planning on growing them in. They SHOULD be started in a pot, yes? Should I put a light dusting of dirt over the top of the seeds? Also, they stay indoors when it gets cold? Or stay indoors all the time?

The chives and garlic chives can stay outside even in winter?

Sorry for all the questions - just don't want to kill them because of ignorance....lol

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah,

Just sprinkle the seeds in a pot (just one larger patio sized pot)..you can sprinkle a bit of soil on top to prevent the wind from taking them; then just ignore them. They will sprout in the Spring. (most of what is in that bag is chaff, the seeds are tiny and flat, barely noticeable)

The chives need to go outside in the flower beds. Both the garlic chive (planted in bunches of 10 or so bulbs). Ideally at the corners or edges of a bed.

The only thing I sent that needs to go inside is the Cuban Oregano. Just root that in water, then pot it in a small pot in a window until Spring. You can pick from it as you need it. It will branch fast and grow like a weed in the window. Once Spring arrives then put it in a patio pot and let it become big. It will do a cascade effect over the pot.

Ron