Greetings from Michigan

Neen5MI

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm retired, and continue to work on converting 20 acres from honeysuckle infested forest to natives. I also raise Buckeye chickens and have pet goats, to compliment my vegetable gardening an brush removal efforts. I'm a wildlife enthusiast, with a particular soft spot for birds and invertebrates.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :)

i know what you mean about honeysuckle infestations, poplar trees, maples and add in some thorn bushes and wild grapevines that like to try to take over every time i'm not looking. it's always a challenge.

Neen5MI

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan. :)

i know what you mean about honeysuckle infestations, poplar trees, maples and add in some thorn bushes and wild grapevines that like to try to take over every time i'm not looking. it's always a challenge.
I'd be happy with an invasion of native poplar and/or maple. The grape is a hassle to work around, but my goats LOOOOVE it.

Neen5MI

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Welcome from British Columbia! (And good thing you are retired, because removing 20 acres worth of honeysuckle sounds like a full time job!)
I've had the enormous good fortune to be able to invest in a team of restoration experts to help. They have literally transformed the landscape in the last 3 years. By far the best choice I've ever made. I still won't run out of stuff to do. I hope to be active in this landscape for 2-3 more decades, but still consider myself to be witnessing only the earliest steps in establishing a vibrant forest ecosystem.

Neen5MI

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:welcome from Central IL.
Please be sure to put your location with your avatar, or, in your signature. Once you start posting I will forget where you live.
I thought I did that, but the location isn't showing. How do I do that?

Latest posts