Greetings from Southern Maine

pumpkin_moon

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi everybody! My husband and I recently bought a house with a few acres in rural southern Maine. We are looking forward to starting a homestead/hobby farm that includes fruit trees, bees, medicinal herb gardens, vegetable gardens, eventually chickens etc. etc. We want to focus on sustainable, intelligent agricultural practices (to name several: composting, pollinators, permaculture, self sufficiency, reducing carbon footprint, water conservation). This will be our first year starting up, we are are super excited. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and working hard for what I see as the ultimate accomplishment that is farming.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome. Looking forward to your posts concerning Maine. Wife & I want to go there to shore line to eat fresh lobster. I want to fly, her-have me drive. Needless to say, we haven’t made it yet.

Join in.

YourRabbitGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hi everybody! My husband and I recently bought a house with a few acres in rural southern Maine. We are looking forward to starting a homestead/hobby farm that includes fruit trees, bees, medicinal herb gardens, vegetable gardens, eventually chickens etc. etc. We want to focus on sustainable, intelligent agricultural practices (to name several: composting, pollinators, permaculture, self sufficiency, reducing carbon footprint, water conservation). This will be our first year starting up, we are are super excited. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and working hard for what I see as the ultimate accomplishment that is farming.
Welcome to the forums!! You can definitely read and check the forums for tips and tricks to better your gardening skills... Hope to see you in the forums some more.

Latest posts