Greetings From The Pacific Northwest!

TheArcane

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello!
I stumbled across this site while I was on the Backyard Chicken message board doing a little research. I've been looking for a decent gardening message board for awhile and have never been able to find one that had a setup I liked, and also had good member activity until now. I hope to get to know some of you better, share, and learn from those with far more knowledge than myself. I do some landscaping, and vegetable gardening, but I have to admit my weakness has always been herb gardening ever since I was 13 years old and started my first container garden in 4-H. I hope you all have a great day, and I'll be seeing you around!

-Josh

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Josh! :frow
We're glad you found us! I haven't grown many herbs, but have been developing more of an interest in them these last few years. Looking forward to learning a lot more, so don't be shy, post often!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Josh! :frow I'm sure you'll love it here, very laid-back, friendly group of people. Look forward to hearing about your garden and landscaping. We love pics, btw. ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Josh! I find herbs are fun to grow but I confess I have difficulty putting them to good use. Are you into medicinal herbs, or culinary, or both? I look forward to hearing about some of your favorite herbs.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Josh, from Montana! I grow a few herbs, the usual suspects - lots of basil, cilantro, dill, thyme, chives, oregano, mint. I've had rosemary in the past, but dont currently have a plant - it wasnt one i used very often as far as cooking with it. Welcome to TEG!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Josh! Glad you joined us. You're going to love this site!
Where in the Pacific Northwest? Keep it as general as you feel comfortable saying. Knowing a bit about where you grow helps us with questions and with answers.

I have a brother in the Pacific Northwest -- Bonnie Lake, WA to be exact -- and I misspent a bit of my wilder days in and around Portland, OR so I am nosier about the wheres there.

Beautiful places for gardening from what I saw. Please post plenty of pictures. I want to start an herb section and need all the ideas I can get.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I already said HELLO over in the Photo of the week. I like the name Josh, gonna remember that since my baby (now 30) is named Josh! ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from southeast Texas! Glad to have you here, don't be bashful, jump right in. We are a friendly bunch and love all things gardening!

Latest posts