Greetings From The Pacific Northwest!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Josh, and welcome.

I'm about to have dinner with a Josh and, he is in the PNW. Well, I guess we all are but I kinda think of it as the Intermountain West. We're quite a ways from the Pacific.

Wet-side to Dry-side - tell us about your gardening environment, please :).

Steve

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome Josh! You won't find a better group of people than the ones that frequent this site. These are some of the best and friendliest gardeners I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

TheArcane

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I really appreciate such a warm welcome from everybody, I'm really looking forward to diving into some of the discussion.
To answer a few of your questions I primarily grow herbs for culinary use, or because I find the plant itself appealing to the eye. Honestly one of my favorite uses for herbs is making different types of tisane. Nothing like a home grown herbal tea and a good book in my opinion.

I live in the Roseburg Oregon area, so I deal with a fairly mild climate, though we do seem to get a little more snow than we used to when I lived further north toward Eugene. I've actually only been in my current home for about a year, so a lot of my plants aren't as established yet as I enjoyed before. I'm also trying to figure out what is eating a lot of my plants I'm trying to plant this year, but that's for another topic ;).

-Josh

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Roseburg. Isn't that a good name for a gardener's home?

Josh, if you drive off to the south for about an hour, you'll come across a little community called Merlin. My cousin lives there. A few more miles to Grant's Pass, another cousin. Then you get to Gold Hill and Medford. That's where I grew up!

Tell us about your favorite tea. I grow and enjoy Lemon Verbena and Anise Hyssop.

Fortunately, I have some from 2012 because, last year, my volunteer Anise Hyssop didn't show up in the veggie garden where it was supposed to. Instead, it grew in my neighbor's raspberry jungle! I soon lost track of it.

Steve

TheArcane

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I've lived in several different regions of the country and must say the Pacific Northwest is one of the most beautiful. Very blessed.

-Josh

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello from WAY over in Virginia
sSig_welcome4.gif

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Josh. I have a few herbs, nothing special. After several fail attempts at growing bay leaf, I bought one in a gallon container last year. That plant has grown 4 times it's size and looks like it's on steroids. Can you use the leaves fresh or do they have to be dried?

Mary

Latest posts