Greetings Gardeners!

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am a transplant from BYC, but never fear. I am not here to peck at you, I am here to introduce myself.

My interests include raising critically endangered heritage breeds of rabbits, chickens, horses, geese, ducks, sheep, cattle, turkey, pigs, quail, and dogs.

I am an avid gardener with a focus towards growing and preserving rare varieties of fruits, vegetables, grains, herbs and garden flowers.

My hobbies include historical reenacting, cheese making, soap and candle making, historical clothing recreations and much more.

I am always interested in learning from others and hence, here I am.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Boy, you are going to be most welcome here. Can't wait to see wait you have to show us! Remember we LOVE photos! :welcome
I love the bluebonnets in your avatar, simply beautiful flowers. Oh, and tell us where you live. I am in eastern IA near the bend in the ole Mississippi. Zone 4 (or 5)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined. Sounds like you might fit right in. Three of our members are really into beans. Not only are they preserving rare varieties, they are creating a few of their own.

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am from Texas and am enjoying being part of Zone 9.

The Coastal Texas Prairie is where I call home, so there is plenty of natural beauty here as well as many unique species, such as the Texas Prairie Chicken.

I also have a greenhouse, where I attempt to grow fruits that prefer an even hotter zone, such as mangos, papayas, pineapples, bananas etc.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Bluebonnet. :frow You sound like a well-rounded homesteader out of her time. We will eagerly expect to learn much of what you have to share just as we will eagerly share what we can to help you and your gardens.

To help and share properly, :hu an idea of where you garden and what, if any, special conditions you might have is advisable. Can we get together in cold weather :rant grumblings or must I have zone envy :sick as you put your garden in along with Baymule?

Many of us are transplants from BYC -:love- me included -- and some of us have a bit of Earth that allows us a few animals more than others. Are you well entrenched in working farm conditions? :weeeHow much land do your endangered heritage breeds have to roam?

We are all full of such questions and inquiring minds want to know ..:hugs.. no rush, please feel free to get comfortable with us and this great site before feeding my nosey inclinations.

:thumbsup Welcome, again! I'm glad to have you growing with us.:thumbsup

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh! Texas coast! Not only am i jealous of your year round garden opportunities, you have amazing birds! I love to birdwatch, and had a wonderful, amazing trip down the texas coast one time. I hope to be able to do it again! Welcome!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would seem we posted about the same time and I missed the info about your growing conditions and living area.

:drool :drool :drool :th:th:hit:hit:duc:hit:hit:th:th:drool :drool :drool

I would love to have your winter gardening conditions.
In serious envy over your growing tropicals throughout the year.
Crying that I can't do the same here.
Need to shut up before I stick my foot further in this discussion and embarrass myself completely.

At least you could tell us you are old, sickly, and deep in debt. That my help dry my tears, stop up my drool, and get my jaw off the floor. Sigh.

:yaPlease forgive my teasing.:ya It is white and cold. :yaI blame the weather for numbing my senses.:ya When it comes to gardening pursuits, :yathe more members the merrier:ya is our motto.:ya Glad you are here.:ya (No, really I am!) :ya

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome Bluebonnet! :frow

I am on the same planet as Smart Red... :lol: ... I think.
I don't have much experience with your exciting interests, but I hope you share more because I love to learn!

Latest posts