Greetings Gardeners!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Baymule, Bluebonnet is asking for pictures. We know how much you like to show what you're growing. Share photos of the son you've grown. We'll let you 'conversation' vital statistics, phone, and address.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome, Bluebonnet! I love your avatar. It really stands out.

I lived in central TX for about 2 years a while back. Those fields full of bluebonnets are amazing. There was some other little red flower growing among them, but I never knew what they were. Quite a sight. Don't think a camera could ever really do it justice.
13272_happy_flower.gif

Wow, sounds like you must have a really good head on your shoulders to have established yourself in homesteading at only 23. Were you raised in a farming family? Hey, I'm sure Baymule would be tickled pink to have you for a daughter-in-law. ;)

Have fun and hope you make yourself at home here!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome! Welcome! Oh yes, many of us will be jealous of your weather for the next couple of months!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone sent me a private message and told me to tell you hello and I told them that I would not have to, because Texans as so friendly that I knew you would find my board or I would find one of yours and that we would hit it off perfectly like Texans do. It is like we have a natural, built in radar that is set to friendly almost all of the time! :frow

I am 23, so kind of an old maid in terms of not having settled down. Never married and of conservative traditional values.

Please tell me he is single and cute. :love
He is a little over 6' tall, a big man without being fat, but not one of those muscle bound weight lifter types. Dark hair, blue eyes, likes kids. He says all the good women are already married. I tell him there is one out there for him. Of course, I think he is cute, but maybe I am a little prejudiced. ;)

And you are right, it is a given that we would find each other with our built in Texas friendly radar. 23 is not an old maid in my book, it's called being sensible. :)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy BlueBonnet. Will you adopt me to be your gardening slave? lol

There are a good number of BYC'ers in here. You'll like it here.

Actually, I have some bean seeds that need a longer growing season than I can give them here in usually low zone 8, this year zone 7 northern California. I have a few left. They are from the southern valleys of the Sierra Madre.

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Welcome, Bluebonnet! I love your avatar. It really stands out.

I lived in central TX for about 2 years a while back. Those fields full of bluebonnets are amazing. There was some other little red flower growing among them, but I never knew what they were. Quite a sight. Don't think a camera could ever really do it justice.
13272_happy_flower.gif

Wow, sounds like you must have a really good head on your shoulders to have established yourself in homesteading at only 23. Were you raised in a farming family? Hey, I'm sure Baymule would be tickled pink to have you for a daughter-in-law. ;)

Have fun and hope you make yourself at home here!

The are white, red and bluebonnets. There was an effort years ago to create the Texas Flag entirely out of bluebonnets. There are naturally occurring white and pink bluebonnets and through lots of effort, this was achieved.

I come from several historical farming families. My parents broke this chain and none of my siblings have any interest in returning to it. For me, it was just a natural fit.

I decided I did not want to work for others my entire life and decided to life debt free like my grandparents and before had done. The things I like to do in life, reenacting, caring for endangered species and other old fashioned arts were never going to come to me by working at a computer or desk. I realized that what I really want in life is to have a traditional home, find a good husband, get married and have children, while still spoiling myself with my interests and hobbies.

I love to cook, which has gotten to be a lot more fun with much higher quality ingredients to use. I collect depression era glass and old fashioned cookbooks, as I love cooking the old fashioned way. I like recipes from several eras. One of my favorite ways to cook is using an open air cauldron for field cooking for the gentlemen soldiers during period reenactments.

I not only established my own home, I built it myself. I do a lot of volunteer work, particularly with Habitat For Humanity and I picked up the skills I needed to do it myself. I have plans for future additions, as I want to establish a modern, working plantation. I'm very much interested in old fashioned architecture. Modern homes are prefabricated with cheap materials. I wanted something that was going to last.

My ultimate goal is to become as self sufficient as possible and to not just reenact, but to live that kind of lifestyle full time.

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
He is a little over 6' tall, a big man without being fat, but not one of those muscle bound weight lifter types. Dark hair, blue eyes, likes kids. He says all the good women are already married. I tell him there is one out there for him. Of course, I think he is cute, but maybe I am a little prejudiced. ;)

And you are right, it is a given that we would find each other with our built in Texas friendly radar. 23 is not an old maid in my book, it's called being sensible. :)

He sounds handsome. :)

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Howdy BlueBonnet. Will you adopt me to be your gardening slave? lol

There are a good number of BYC'ers in here. You'll like it here.

Actually, I have some bean seeds that need a longer growing season than I can give them here in usually low zone 8, this year zone 7 northern California. I have a few left. They are from the southern valleys of the Sierra Madre.

I already have some freemen who are willing to work on my Postbellum Planation, but thank you. :)

What beans do you grow? I'm waiting for moderators to approve my two posts with more detailed information on my plantings. I still need to update to include everything else I am planting. I am not very much into beans, although I appreciate your consideration.

Carrots and fruits are my favorite foods to grow. I have over 35 different varieties of carrots and am looking for more. I am attempting to grow my own blend of carrots to dehydrate, package cutely and sell to other rabbit owners, as most are only able to provide their rabbits with one or two store bought varieties. I am also attempting to develop my own organic, GMO free rabbit feed.

I'm very much into creating my own products.

I make my own candles, soaps, balms, lotions and many other things as well.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Maybe you could persuade him to make his own TEG account??? :)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread????

WELCOME Bluebonnet! Did I miss it?? Have you told us what breeds you're raising?

Latest posts