Greetings just got here.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Tell a little more? OK, we have a spread in Nevada where we grow most of our food. In winter we are at our mountain spread, animals et al. We are here through the winter, for the snow, during the summer we migrate to the high desert. We are back and forth even while staying at one place or the another.
We, wifey the girls and myself.
This little corner seems more intimate, more relaxed, more free, not on a short leash, you know what I mean. Been looking for a place like that/this.

Richard

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We used to call them Blue Grouse. Now they have been divided into two groups.

Here's what Birdweb.org says about them: "They winter in dense conifer stands, often at a higher elevation than their breeding habitat."

Just about all of Nevada is high country but have I got this right, Richard -- you and your family live at a higher elevation in winter than summer?

Steve :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@valley ranch when you want to "call" someone on the forum, just put a @ and start typing their name. Before you can finish, several names will pop up and you click on the one you want. Then it will show up on the Alerts when that person comes on the forum. Cool feature, thought you would like to know.

We are a friendly bunch, we like to laugh and pick on each other and joke around. We are from all over the country and around the world. We are all passionate about gardening and we love pictures! got any? :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Richard, those Blue Grouse are about the only critters that travel uphill in the fall and downhill in the spring.

I found the idea enchanting and wondered if I could do that with retirement. It was a fantasy for a time :).

Steve

Latest posts