Grey Gardens Is For Sale

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, how sad. What do they know about the REAL joys of life? People of that social strata would die if they got dirt under their fingernails. Here, it's a badge of honor.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just waiting for the day I can once again get out there and play in the dirt. Nail clippers handy and a big bottle of bleach on hand for emergency nail rescue LOL. If no bleach a pr. of gloves hides a lot but then they don't really go with jeans :idunno.

One day I was painting the kitchen ceiling when I remembered I was expected at an afternoon tea ( not really my thing). With paint splashes right up to my elbows I rummaged through my drawers until I found the pr. of elbow length gloves I wore with the outfit I wore when we left on our honeymoon, they did nicely but then I had to rummage through my closet to find something suitable to go with them, hard to do when one lives in jeans and t-shirts :lol:.

Annette

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
A socialite who loves to garden said before gardening, dig your nails across a bar of soap . Soap will fill up space under the nail leaving no room for dirt. Soap washes out of nails EZ. She told me this after looking at my nails :hu

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
naw but do wear gloves cleaning the chickens or digging in the rich black "dirt" they
produce

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
A socialite who loves to garden said before gardening, dig your nails across a bar of soap . Soap will fill up space under the nail leaving no room for dirt. Soap washes out of nails EZ. She told me this after looking at my nails :hu

I've done that... wasn't real effective for me. Of course for somebody who has a prescribed time frame for getting dirty, then staying clean it would probably work fine.

Dirt just seems to be an all day deal for me! Even with snow on the ground there are horses to scritch and firewood to split and ashes to clean...and right now I'm picking dried paint of my fingernails. I just wasn't born to be a socialite.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So after I clicked on that link, all I had in my mind was:

"It boasts 10 bedrooms, 7.5 baths, 6,000 square feet on 1.7 acres so close to the Atlantic Ocean you can hear it."

Did you all read this??? It must be a typo....1.7 acres???? Who would want a house, that big, on that little of a lot.... I wouldn't buy it, IF I HAD THE CASH......LOL

Latest posts