Grizla's 2018 garden thread <3

Grizla

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
it would seem to me that dried celery leaves and dried large leaf parsley would be similar enough? never grown either celeriac or celery here. could eat large leaf parsley every day.
I just don't like parsley's flavor very much (although i think it would grow much better in my zone than the celery!) The fresh parsley I've tried has always had a weird tough texture. Celery leaves are little softer, so I use them fresh and dried. I think parsley might be one of those "love it or hate it" herbs, like cilantro.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
aka "child labor pool" for her business and we are not talking about this type of pool.
images

@majorcatfish , please update the lingo. You know
I prefer bootleg child guidance clinics where they are exposed to the fine art of manual dexterity in the context of eliminating overabundant herbage interlopers, and the correct use of implements that enhance agricultural progress.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just don't like parsley's flavor very much (although i think it would grow much better in my zone than the celery!) The fresh parsley I've tried has always had a weird tough texture. Celery leaves are little softer, so I use them fresh and dried. I think parsley might be one of those "love it or hate it" herbs, like cilantro.

for some. so many people comment about cilantro that it has a soapy flavor and i'm like, so? :) i like it all. the big leaf parsley is different than the small leaf in both flavor and texture so i'm not sure if you've tried that or not? when Mom cooks with celery she throws the inside leaves away and i'm usually looking for them to eat. i like almost everything.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’ve welcomed you yet Grizla so welcome! Looking forward to hearing all your garden endeavors.

I think it’s exciting to find a new place. You can look for good points in the yard for your new garden.

Mary

Grizla

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I’ve welcomed you yet Grizla so welcome! Looking forward to hearing all your garden endeavors.

I think it’s exciting to find a new place. You can look for good points in the yard for your new garden.

Mary
Hello! I'm very excited to be looking at houses- most my "must haves" have to be very practical, like price and a good roof, but yard space and sunlight are high on my list!

Latest posts