Growing to make Beer

RIrs

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ok I am considering to start growing barely and hops this season. I need help on what type of barely and hops to grow in my area which is zone 10. I was wondering if anyone else grows there own stuff to make beer. If so what do you use and what do you do to make your harvest better.
Any info will help.

Thanks,
RIrs

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I grow hops as a vine to cover my fencing!! I really enjoy growing it, but haven't used it for anything other than looks... We are in different parts of the world- but I would think if I can grow it in zone 4, you can sure grow it in zone 10!
Some friends of mine are into beer making and gardening- and while they do grow hops, they use pelleted hops for their beer making...Keep us posted on your progress!

RIrs

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well what type of fence are you useing and were did you get your hops from? I am going to be planting a 20x40 area as soon as I get my tiller back I will start this project. I was also thinking were I could get barely and how easy it is to grow? I am new to growing this stuff so I dont expect 100 gallons of beer the first time.

Any info or tips will help.

Thanks,
RIrs

Latest posts