Growing zinnias

fletamae

Leafing Out
Reaction score
101_0411.jpg

101_0414.jpg

101_0415.jpg

The zinnia is one of the easiest flowers to grow.
Here are some blooms from my Ozark garden.
My grandmother always had them growing in her garden and now I grow them in her memory.
Do you grow this flower? Would you show me your blooms?

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
fletamae, those are some beautiful zinnia's, Your grandmother would be proud:)

I also grow Zinnia's every year but mine are not yet blooming. Yes they are so easy to grow from seed and come in so many different colors and shapes . And they just keep blooming their little heads off until a very hard frost hit's them. I try to grow plenty enough so I can cut some for vases inside, but still have enough to keep blooming outside. If I can I will try to post some pic's from last year, although I dont think I have any close up shot's. Yours are fantastic. Thank's for the pic's!:)

JenniferJoIN

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I tried to grow zinnias from seeds, but my lack of watering them put a quick end to that! I ended up buying some though and they have proven to thrive fairly easily!

I love your pictures- you must have a great camera!!

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What beautiful flowers!

My grandmother always had zinnias growing, also. Mine didn't get planted this year, due to the forest fires we are having here.

Thank you for sharing yours, though; you did a great job capturing them, and the butterfly! :happy_flower

fletamae

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Jennifer my camera is a kodak c713 cost 125 dollars at wal-mart. I have always like taking photos and when I got a computer the degital camera was the first thing I bought. I have a canon I bought 5 years ago but this kodak is better.

Latest posts