Grumble, Grumble

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I had the foot surgery today, and I'm sitting here waiting for time to take a pain pill.
My toes are still numb, but the incision site is not.
The surgeon "trimmed down" the bones in my big toe, shaped up the ends of the joint, added a pin in each end, and put in a couple of screws. The result will be the fusion of the joint.
Hopefully by spring it will be good as new.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I had a good night's sleep. The secret apparently is keeping the foot well elevated. (and pain pills)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel like you are telling us we should be welcoming you as a new member to the forum. How much will this change you? What if I want the olde So Lucky back??

lucky-jpg.37

I hope you are up and around soon. There are healthcare people who have experience putting people through this and helping them back on their feet, afterwards. Pay attention to what they have to say. If folks don't bring your coffee at just the right temperature or clean that window streak-free, where you have to sit and look out for a few days, try to be patient with them and yourself.

Patient, more than just not being a bear as you bear up, under the difficulties of recovery. Qui fait preuve de calme. And, you will be able to carry on :hugs.

Steve

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow sounds like the 6 million dollar man " we can rebuild him stronger better" Don't be afraid to ask for more painkillers if you need them. This is not the dark ages there is medication that will help make you more comfortable. Both my grandmother and mother use to refuse to take anything for pain, they worried they would became drug addicts.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel like you are telling us we should be welcoming you as a new member to the forum. How much will this change you? What if I want the olde So Lucky back??

lucky-jpg.37

I hope you are up and around soon. There are healthcare people who have experience putting people through this and helping them back on their feet, afterwards. Pay attention to what they have to say. If folks don't bring your coffee at just the right temperature or clean that window streak-free, where you have to sit and look out for a few days, try to be patient with them and yourself.

Patient, more than just not being a bear as you bear up, under the difficulties of recovery. Qui fait preuve de calme. And, you will be able to carry on :hugs.

Steve
Haha, Steve, I'm pretty sure I'll still be the olde So Lucky, just maybe able to walk a little further and faster before I resort to grumbling. The doc said he didn't know how I had been able to walk at all. But then, maybe he felt the need to justify his recommendation for surgery. (No, I don't really think that of him) It's just now been 24 hours since surgery. I do get impatient, already, hobbling around or trying to use the "drive" wheeled walker that Mom had. I'm just very thankful I don't have a job to go to, or a couple little kids to have to keep track of. I can go slow. Note to self: I can go slow.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow sounds like the 6 million dollar man " we can rebuild him stronger better" Don't be afraid to ask for more painkillers if you need them. This is not the dark ages there is medication that will help make you more comfortable. Both my grandmother and mother use to refuse to take anything for pain, they worried they would became drug addicts.
No, I am not scared to take pain killers. I know there are some people who get hooked on them, but I think first that requires a doc who is willing to keep renewing the script without looking for other ways to ease the pain.
There was a time a few years ago when docs were afraid to prescribe anything strong. It's kind of turned around. Twisted.