Hahahahaha......This is TOOOOO funny

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I swear a pig can get addicted to a hot wire. I used to run one around the bottom of my pigpen to keep them from digging under the fence. They'd ease up on it till their nose touched it, flinch back and do it again, over and over. It was like they were getting high on it.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hahahahaha.....Number two just got into the fence. I went out to check on the chickens......here they came (but not the one that has already gotten into it. She stayed on the porch. hahahahahaha). The "bad" one found something near the fence to roll on top of and (hahahahahahaha) rolled over into the fence. Hahahahahahaha........Man, this fence has been better entertainment than Comedy Central. I didn't think he would EVER stop running. Hahahahahahahahaha

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Boggy...They say laughing is good for the soul. You must have a very good soul! I got a chuckle out of your story.

I had been wondering if you had gotten more chicks to replace the ones you lost. Was going to pm you. How many did you get and what kind?

Mary

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ninnymary said:
Boggy...They say laughing is good for the soul. You must have a very good soul! I got a chuckle out of your story.

I had been wondering if you had gotten more chicks to replace the ones you lost. Was going to pm you. How many did you get and what kind?

Mary
Hi Mary
Still looking for Babygirl some more chicks, but we have got 3 chickens on the yard, now......her EE/Americana rooster, a pretty white and black hen (looks like a bantam, size wise, to me) and a full grown RIR hen (Babygirl has named her "Big Mama"). These three were given to us by some good friends and/or neighbors. Have got her brooder (for the new chicks) almost completed. It has a window at one end for Babygirl to be able to see into it without having to lift the "hatch".

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think your RIR is well named. The usually make excellent mamas. I used to have a very old one I called Auntie. She woud adopt any stray chicks she could find. She'd look at a stray chick and go broody on the spot.