Halloween pumpkin in Pot?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last year we grew 4 big halloween pumkins. Sadly to say this year we didn't because they took up almost all of our room. Next year I would like to try growing one in a hugh pot that I have on the deck. There would be plenty of space for the vine to sprawl.

Do you think it would grow there?

My preschoolers and I would just love to be able to grow our own halloween pumpkin. We would even be willing to settle for just 1!

Your thoughts?

Mary

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You might need to feed it, but I don't see why not, if the pot is big enough to accommodate enough roots for a healthy pumpkin plant.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think it would grow fine. One advantage to growing in containers is you can give those plants some extra TLC. Maybe some judicious pruning to just try and get only one or maybe two pumpkins per vine and they might do even better. Wishing you and the crumb cruncher gardeners the best of luck! :)

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Between now and then you could start a worm bin which could produce (as a by-product) worm tea which I gather is an excellent fertilizer rich in nitrogen and other minerals. ;) Just a thought..

Sigmund

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello guys...!
What else to make for Halloween pot luck?