Happy 1stDay of Spring

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve: they've been saying around here that we are short of rain. Tons of foggy mornings, but not enough rain.

For the Rogue Valley:
Since October 1, 2017 - Water Year..........8.38 inches. That is 4.62 inches below average for the date. Average water year rainfall is 18.35 inches.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@baymule - Definitely wondering about the free chicks! :pop

Loving all these Spring photos- I'll add a few later on myself. Currently, We're already between Spring and Tornado Season 2 though and it's only the 21st (went from freeze last week to a few 70+ days, bunch of thunderstorms and some tornadoes a few days ago, now back to freezing again).

89704a8381fa7e7245d34f3bdf10d25d.jpg
:yuckyuck
Change this to Illinois.
The ONLY thing flowering here is chickweed. Even the crocuses are hiding their flowers.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm getting some nice flowers and the wild onions are certainly growing well, but it is still spring. Twice the asparagus has started poking up and twice frost has run it back underground. Maybe next week. :fl

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score

looked at the weather forecast, crap more snow for this weekend....really
darn that Punxsutawney Phil rodent...
heres the cure to this b.s................. i want to plant my garden

Woodchuck Stew

1 woodchuck
2 onions, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
Flour
Vinegar and water
Salt and pepper
Cloves

Clean woodchuck; remove glands; cut into serving pieces. Soak overnight in a solution of equal parts of water and vinegar with addition of one sliced onion and a little salt. Drain, wash, and wipe. Parboil 20 minutes, drain, and cover with fresh boiling water. Add one sliced onion, celery, a few cloves, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until tender; thicken gravy with flour.

Latest posts