Happy Birthday to TheSeedObsesser

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy B-day SeedO! Hope you had a great day!
balloons.gif

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
BirthdaySnoopyHappyDance.gif

The Big Three Oh isn't it, SeedO?

Just kidding ;). Be happy to have so much of your life ahead of you. And, that the candles on a cake won't set your face on fire! No way to cure a rash ...

Steve :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well shoot, I'm late wishing you a Happy Birthday. So glad you are part of our gardening family. You are such a mature nice young man. I'm sure you make your mama proud!

Mary

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! :D

It was a great day - full of sitting around and I even managed to get out of schoolwork. (I'm paying for that now though - a lot to catch up on.) The day was also full of winter squash (one of my favorite veggies) - I got to try two new varieties; one that I grew which is Musquee de Provence, and another from the store which is Mariana di Chioggia. Needless to say, they were both great. Might post some squash pics later.

I am now a member of the seed saver's exchange and have more than $50 in gift cards to some of my favorite seed companies - I'll be swimming in seeds! :celebrate

But that's way more than I would need to fill the garden that we already have (and I also have several boxes of unplanted seed left), I'm going to need more room! And for that I am going to go over to a neighbor's house and see if I can rent an acre or two (she rents to farmers $50 for a year with one acre) - wish me luck!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well...

I got that acre or two that I needed - and for free! There is a downside to this though...

The acreage is much farther away from the house than I wanted, so it's going to be hard getting any sort of equipment back there and moving my harvest at the end of the year. Instead of bare cornfield it is an old, abandoned field - great for nutrients, but a lot of work. The field, as you might imagine, is full of very tall grass, too tall for a mower. I will make another thread for suggestions of how to get rid of this grass. This thread will include my plans for what to do afterwards, I'd like to see what you think.

Latest posts