Happy Birthday wishes for Ducks4you!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's not a name i think of often, but may be appropriate for this seasonal storm...

iceberg lettuce?

we've not had any for many years, we go for the more leafy romaine lettuce and romaine hearts. well, i should say that Mom goes for them and i eat whatever she buys. left up to me we'd be eating a lot more variety of greens but she freaks out if anything is even slightly bitter. her tastebuds are wired different than mine for sure. i'll eat grapefruits without sugar peeled just like an orange, she won't touch those even with sugar added. i like limes and lemons too without sugar. i don't know where i got this from, but i suspect Dad because he likes beer (i'm now not drinking much but when i was having a beer once in a while i did go for the real heavy and super hoppy ones).

hmm, ok, what does this have to do with duckies birthday? not too much other than i hope she's having something nicer for Christmas dinner than cold iceberg lettuce. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Family of 4 is about to head to the "Beef House" in Crawfordsville, IN.
We made our Christmas Eve Reservation 2 weeks ago bc they fill up.
Youngest DD helped me spot clean horse stalls, and rebed, then put all 3 back in their stalls for another 2 days straight.
The wicked winds and cold just won't stop!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Beef Wellington on tomorrow's menu, btw.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Hard to believe that it was 60 degrees F colder than today, a 10 days ago!!
I have done some much needed insulation of windows despite the holiday busy-ness.
And, Yes, we keep blankets for the back seat when the 4 of us go out. Both my car (2012 Avalon) and DH's car (2021 Avalon) have heated front seats, and I have been known to drive with mine heated in April and October.
I had a lovely birthday and lovely Christmas!!