Happy Father's Day

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just wanted to wish all you Dads out there a Happy Day. Hope it is peaceful and gratifying.
I saw a locally produced show on Kentucky PBS with Dave Shuffit called "Father Loss". It was a beautiful piece done by interviewing some guys about what the loss of their dad meant to them, and how it changed them. One famous person said that a man is not a man until his father dies. One guy whose dad was cold and distant, and an alcoholic to boot, still mourned him, and acknowledged that part of the mourning was about the father he never had...the closeness that could have been, but wasn't.
It was well done, and addressed the fact that there could be depression after the passing of a guy's dad, that often never gets addressed. In this new age of looking mental issues square in the eye, I appreciated it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father told me a little about his upbringing. It was disturbing and explained some things about him ...

His father taught me to play dominoes when I was 6. I played dominoes last night for the first time in years and thought of both of them.

Happy Grandfather's Day, too. (it's officially in August for both grandparents so if you can, let them know your wishes then ;).)

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
wont be able to wish dad a happy fathers day his in prison and they don't allow contact...so sad..
but he will be released early tomorrow...hurray

now since your wondering his not a prisoner he goes in 2 weekends a month with an christian fellowship group....

to all the dads out there,............ happy fathers day

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
wont be able to wish dad a happy fathers day his in prison and they don't allow contact...so sad..
but he will be released early tomorrow...hurray

now since your wondering his not a prisoner he goes in 2 weekends a month with an christian fellowship group....

to all the dads out there,............ happy fathers day
:thYou big tease, Major!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy Fathers Day all you daddies on TEG!
My husband had an enjoyable one he said. He phoned his dad and talked a bit ( his dad is not a warm cheery guy :\) and Kid#1 and his wonderful girlfriend came down for grilled chicken and shish-ka-veg and strawberry shortcake. Last Thursday was Kid#1's birthday so it was a double celebration. Lots of laughing and hugging going on at our place today!:)

Latest posts